Anything interesting to do/see in Boston?

cetoole

I am flying down to Montgomery, AL tomorrow to drive my grandparents up to Boston (well technically, Reading) MA, and will be staying there for a few days before heading home. The main point of this trip is to get my grandparents to my Uncle and new Aunt's house, and to see my new (about two week old) cousin, but there will definitely be some time to see other things in the area. Only been to Boston once before for a few days, so any suggestions are appreciated.

Food is good. Generally I like to wander the city, but I fear it will be too cold to do much of that next week. Havn't really traveled anywhere in the winter, besides Cuernavaca, which doesn't count. Guess I really don't know.

Some suggestions:

- North End for Italian. If you like seafood, Neptune Oyster is a great spot to check out.

- Chinatown for Chinese/Vietnamese. Hei La Moon is my personal favorite.

- Fanueil Hall if you're into the more tourist-y stuff. The aquarium is a 5 minute walk from here and there's a bunch of shops/restaurants, but I would encourage you to go a little further to the North End for food.

- Copley Square area for a little more upscale experience.

Bring a warm coat, gloves and a hat and do the Freedom Trail.

The Freedom Trail Foundation

The NE Aquarium is cool if you like sea life. Have lunch in the North End and get a cannoli from Mike's or Modern afterward. Wander around Harvard Yard. Meet me for beer.

Freedom Trail looks cool, something I definitely will try and see. The North End seems to be a little italy, so that looks promising too. Beer is always good.

Newbury Comics, but not if you don't have any money to spend.

Hmm, if it is just comics and vinyl, my money should be OK, but could still be fun to check out.

Some suggestions:

- North End for Italian. If you like seafood, Neptune Oyster is a great spot to check out.

- Chinatown for Chinese/Vietnamese. Hei La Moon is my personal favorite.

- Fanueil Hall if you're into the more tourist-y stuff. The aquarium is a 5 minute walk from here and there's a bunch of shops/restaurants, but I would encourage you to go a little further to the North End for food.

- Copley Square area for a little more upscale experience.

I love seafood, ditto for chinese.

The Museum of Fine Arts is good if you like that sort of thing

Not so much into art museums, too much of an uncultured heathen.

Another touristy thing you could do would be visit the two Cheers bar. The one in Beacon Hill is the one you can see the exterior on the show's opening credit, though inside looks nothing like the show (this one used to be called Bull & Finch). Then there's another one in Fanuel Hall and its interior is a replica from the show.

I love seafood, ditto for chinese.

In that case, go for dim sum at Dragon Pearl on Tyler street in Chinatown.

For live music, I would recommend The Middle East in Central Square and Paradise Rock Club on Commonwealth Ave close to BU. Both are pretty small venues. For even a smaller venue, T.T's in Central square only holds about 100 people, but tends to get bands that make it big in a few years. After the show in Central square, you can walk up Mass Ave. to People's Republic for drinks and pictures of Lenin. When they close at 2 or so, keep going north on Mass Ave. and get yourself to Hong Kong in Harvard Square for late-nite Chinese snacks. If you make it there before 2 am, I think you can still get scorpion bowls.

If you like beer, Sunset Grill in Allston's good for wide variety. There's a small pool hall upstairs that acts as the extended waiting room for the restaurant.