The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

I've been meaning to ask you or look back and see what you said about the combo, Birgir. So that is good to hear. Am I right that you did not have the SR-Omegas when you were the proud owner of that particular piece of Stax amp history? I have visions of greatness when I think of hooking them up the T2.

I've been meaning to ask you or look back and see what you said about the combo, Birgir. So that is good to hear. Am I right that you did not have the SR-Omegas when you were the proud owner of that particular piece of Stax amp history? I have visions of greatness when I think of hooking them up the T2.

Yeah, sadly no SR-Omega here. :( Though given how similar the T2 and BH are I think it is safe to assume the T2/Omega combo will be equally awesome if a bit different.

Drilling out the center pin should be fun. Especially if I manage not to lose an arm in the process.

A drill press will help greatly in getting rid of the pin.

It depends on your preference of what parts you want your O2 to hang from. As you probably know, the HPS-2 will require the phones to rest on the headband, where the Woo stand will give you the option to hang the phones on either the headband or the arc assembly as pictured on the website. You could try the "Omega" stands from Sieveking. They are a little pricey and i'm not sure how well an O2 would fit on them. They look cool, but the thicker earpads and the complete lack of any sort of swiveling on the O2 worry me when I look at this stand.

Sieveking Sound - elusivedisc

Amen.

I find the Lambdas extremely comfortable on my block head and, at least out of the 007t, in some regards sonically preferable to the O2s. This was unexpected and has me thinking seriously about trying out some 404LEs. :palm:

If Lambdas existed with O2 levels of detail, I'd have stayed with exactly this rig. It's a good demo for anyone with the mistaken impression that Stax don't have bass, specially if you put Herbies dampers on the tubes. My HD-800s are on the chopping block too for this reason, even if they are the technically better headphones, they aren't as much damn fun, and anyway, once my eXStatA is built, they likely don't stand a chance.

I have one of the Sieveking Omega wood headphone stands that look like an "omega" symbol.

It does work with the O2, but I don't think it is 100% a good fit. The headphone sits fine on the stand and there isn't a lot of pressure on the earpads, but it seems a bit low and I would prefer a little bit more space at the bottom for the cable entry points. The Stax-brand wood stands are a little high for a reason, which is to provide plenty of clearance at the cable entry points so there's no chance of any pressure there.