The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

I am too sober now to make a picture of wearing it(the vintage colour does add a bit of extra cheerfulness compared to the NB version), but it may pop up elsewhere later on :)

I think it actually sounds better than the two NB Sigmas I had, although I was able to test it on a better amp which only had a Pro bias connector. I am definitely interested in a conversion, although the Pro might be less worthy to sacrifice as it is much rarer :(

I still think that it is not so rare. To prove it, there is actually one with a nice amp right here, you just have to outbid the rest who want it as well :)

Thanks for the heads up on that sweet combo padam. I just won my first auction. Looks like I will be upgrading from my SRD84. Cant wait to sample the delights of a good electrostatic.

That's not bad and kudos for getting through to them. Most aren't so fortunate...

I actually sent a follow-up email to Yamas to ask for more prices, and didn't get a reply for a few days.

But today, I actually got a phonecall at work (my number is in my email sig) from 'Tats', confirming the extra parts I wanted, discussing my Lambda's, and him recommending against my trying to replace dust covers due to the high chance of failure.

I think the difference was that I actually sent my original email to the service department, 'Accutech' rather than the generic Yamas email address. They might butcher a pair of phones every now and again, but seem to be genuinely interested in helping people :)

I'd say those were mint and the pads look to be in perfect condition too. The cable is indeed the only known place where they do fail and it is something which Stax took care of with the Mk2. Using them with an extension cable will increase it's life by giving it ample slack.

I always hang mine for the headband on a Stax stand and after 7 years (fuck that's a long time :palm:) the elastic band is just like new.