The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

I loved them, too. It is a shame that they won't make the smaller round drivers anymore, they would fit in well in the product line as a 'mini-SR009' (and they look good, which some people care about).

It could be made with a better headband, too.

Other companies making crappier stuff and marketing them like crazy get on better, unfortunately.

Not sure where Stax is at the moment, but I guess any kind of new stuff is just too costly to develop and manufacture, and they prefer to play it safe (and slow).

I loved them, too. It is a shame that they won't make the smaller round drivers anymore, they would fit in well in the product line as a 'mini-SR009' (and they look good, which some people care about).

It could be made with a better headband, too.

I can't agree more. Same basic (yet insanely clever) design, maybe a new diaphragm material, good looking and comfy enclosure, it'll be a winner.

Stax is still a very (very) small company. The recent hype about beats headphones may help them, but hi-end e-stats are meant to be a niche...that I would like to tell this guy : http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/international/soundstage-uk/811

Not only the T2 did sink them, but surely too much items in their range back then. I'm sure they are as cautious as a small japanese company can be since then.

Ali

Edited by Ali-Pacha

I also need a shill to post non stop about my stuff on HF.  Anybody want to get a free amp or something?  ;D

I could be up for that if the inducement is right.

I could do an eric65  over in the other forum and see how long it takes the black bird to lock the thread.

" Mjolnir Audio - when you get tired of the US made Schiit "

Could be a winner, right there   :laugh:

Anybody preferring the 507 to anything Stax have ever made must be on crack.  They are that bad...  Only the 207 is useable of the new Lambdas but naturally Stax could have fixed the recent units like they did with the 009.  Haven't bothered to get any of them just to try it out. 

You really can't fix any of the drivers DIY.  As soon as you open them up they are compromised in terms of dust and debris.

Think I must be high on crack then lol,I had the Sr 007 mk2 but sold them as I thought the sounded dull and lifeless but I did buy them with the srm 007ii which I now know is a bad design unmodified,it amazes me how the Hifi dealers slate the forum sites like these saying you shouldn't take what's said on them seriously yet if I joined this site a long time ago I could of saved myself a fortune

That would imply your chord hugo is good

Rob watts states that connecting the chord Hugo directly to an amp will give the best sound quality and he said the volume has no effect on sound quality so maybe the cheaper option on the blue Hawaii could be a viable option

I'm fairly sure that the Chord Hugo the small portable DAC/amp that Jerry Harvey at JH Audio loves as his go to amp for his personal custom IEM.

I love my Sennheiser ie 800 with my Hugo it's superb,wish I could say the same with my sr 507 and srm 323s combo,personally I think the amp is the weak link,sounds thin and cold to me,so it's an amp upgrade for me,Mrs left Me Thursday morning so once money comes through im spending it all on little old Me
  • Like 1

I went down to Hifi lounge last year and listened to the stax sr 009,abyss,lcd 3 lcd x and to be honest the only one that blew me away was the lcd x,now maybe the Hugo weren't powerful enough to drive the lcd 3 and the stax srm 727 unmodified didn't do the sr 009 justice but it sounded flat boring and so lacking in bass compared to the lcd x.Wondering if the enigma acoustics dharma is gonna change the headphone world when it comes out,best of both worlds maybe

Not sure what the rules are in here talking off topic about another product as its the stax thread,been banned for life from head fi from that dip shit currawong,jumped up little prick.Maybe one day I'll bump into him at a headphone show

LOL what did you get banned for?

Btw you can consolidate your post into one without double or triple posting. Eaiser to read.

If you`ve read your welcome pm and comply with it then the others will not have a problem with you here and going a bit off topic we are different to the idiots on headfi though.

LOL what did you get banned for?

Btw you can consolidate your post into one without double or triple posting. Eaiser to read.

If you`ve read your welcome pm and comply with it then the others will not have a problem with you here and going a bit off topic we are different to the idiots on headfi though.

it's spelt easier,and maybe I posted individually to be noticed in ere,it's like tapping off with women,like a fucking pea cock with its feathers out.Nice to meet you def apparently your banned too

Rob watts states that connecting the chord Hugo directly to an amp will give the best sound quality and he said the volume has no effect on sound quality so maybe the cheaper option on the blue Hawaii could be a viable option

maybe you should put the Chord Hugo in your butt and attenuate the diarrhea that you are posting

I'm fairly sure that the Chord Hugo the small portable DAC/amp that Jerry Harvey at JH Audio loves as his go to amp for his personal custom IEM.

I have listened to it and is way overrated. Not something I would ever buy.