The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

Lamda Signatures are great at lower volumes, if I had a proper amplifier these would be going straight to the office. They seem to compress a bit dynamically when you drive them at higher volumes. 

Pads are peeling a bit off the frame, I never understood why they didn't opt for a non-adhesive solution like the omega series

All Lambdas have the earpads glued to the baffle, including all of the new ones.  Only difference is that with the new ones the drivers aren't glued to the other side of the plate but mounted in housings instead. 

The Lambda Signature was released in 1987 so six years prior to the SR-Omega.  All the SR-1 through 5 units had loose earpads only fixed in place with small adhesive dots. 

I don't know. I heard about a newbie named birgir wilson who was labeled Mother Of Treachery on another site and so pretty much got banned for spelling technical words correctly.

Maybe it's the same bloke who's copying kevin carbon.

• Like 1

All this rumour and innuendo is makingh me consider the AudioValve LUMINARE and VERTO as the only genuine STAX equivalents in existence.

All these new fandangled designs and models are confusing.

Stick to the known products, i say.