HDTV Suggestions

tkam

Dinny, I use the included stand on mine on top of an ikea shelf, set at eye level from the couch.

Also, I can say as a g25 owner that the vt25 truly kicks ass. The g25 could be considered midrange but the vt25 is entering the high end for current plasma and HDTV. Amazon may have it around the 15-1600 range possibly. Black levels are sick. Apparently panasonic hired a lot of the pioneer engineers and have bought out a lot of their plasma tech, which apparently they are using the most of it on the 3d models. For that price, you may also want to consider some of the local dimming backlit led models that apparently are the rage, I believe LG has a really nice one that is getting reviews. I personally love the look of a nice plasma as it has a very natural smooth image with plenty of pop, its very CRT like in that sense but with the added resolution and wow factor. I didn't go with the vt25 as I react very weird to 3d (got really sick watching avatar), but as a 2d set it is amazing.

Thanks Ryan. I also am not a big fan of 3D and I'm afraid it would give my son spasms or something awful like that. But 2D pic quality is essential. At the same time, I'm probably not able to discern some of the qualities of the higher end stuff.

Is the difference between the GT and the VT noticeable?

Tapatalk.

Thanks Ryan. I also am not a big fan of 3D and I'm afraid it would give my son spasms or something awful like that. But 2D pic quality is essential. At the same time, I'm probably not able to discern some of the qualities of the higher end stuff.

Is the difference between the GT and the VT noticeable?

Tapatalk.

The gt is basically the same as the g25 but 3d capable. I wouldn't bother. I think the 2d picture quality on the g25 would be plenty fine for the majority of the users. And to get a quality picture is so freaking easy. Just switch to thx mode and basically your colors are dead accurate, then adjust your contrast and brightness to taste and enjoy. Very easy to enjoy tv and my wife and I really enjoy it.

I'm (mostly) blind in one eye, and I have a mild hatred of 3D technology. I saw exactly one 3D film (Toy Story 3) and it was meh at best. I find it vaguely distressing that 3D is now becoming the standard in the upper end of flat panel TVs. I'm not a big fan of paying for technology I won't ever use. I saw a couple local-dimming LED lit LCD panels recently, and I quite liked the look of them. They're a bit pricey at the moment (way north of 2 grand). This thread as piqued my interest in the Panny plasmas.

So when you bypass the Panny electronics do you actually watch a Samsung plasma?

Who knows... Samsung used to have a bug with 50Hz material (resulting in worse black levels) which is a problem in Germany... If that's not a problem for you, I guess you could as well take a Samsung.