Audeze LCD-2

swt61

Yeah I still have yet to even have a slightest urge to try my other headphones. Every day I do listen with them (Not every day) I am impressed. Watched some TV which had very interesting soundstage with sounds placed much further away than almost any music I've ever heard yet the LCD-2s could still deliver a pinpoint accurate imaging. Pretty nutty. I would strongly question if even K1Ks or qualias could place some of those peripheral sounds further than where the LCD-2s placed them.

My only complaint with the comfort is the weight, but even so it's one of the more comfortable headphones I've worn. I mentioned the weight and they said yeah... eventually they will switch to plastic when they have a market that can bear the units they would need to sell to get molds created, but as is with wood + 18 magnets in it it just isn't possible. I mentioned that when they switched over to plastic the value of the wood units will probably skyrocket and they laughed and said they are aware of that possibility, but that isn't their intention at all. They just want to offer the lowest cost and most comfortable best sounding product they can at the quality standards that they set for themelves, which well is high ;p

Something tells me Alan likes his LCD2 lol ..dB

Those are crazy good deals! some lucky buyers there. Yup seems like LCD-2 madness.

K3cT: Im an avid orthohead and even im having a hard time believing such hyper positive feedback on the LCD2 thread :), ill have to take dBels word for it till mine gets here (hopefully not that long ;), my courier tracking is giving some good news)

K3cT: Im an avid orthohead and even im having a hard time believing such hyper positive feedback on the LCD2 thread :), ill have to take dBels word for it till mine gets here (hopefully not that long ;), my courier tracking is giving some good news)

Indeed. I'm looking forward to your impressions as well as the inevitable comparison to the Omega. IIRC Currawong has finally fallen victim to the hype so we can expect a good coverage from him for the Omega comparison. ;)

Indeed. I'm looking forward to your impressions as well as the inevitable comparison to the Omega. IIRC Currawong has finally fallen victim to the hype so we can expect a good coverage from him for the Omega comparison. ;)

Yeah, after the goddamn HD-800s, HF-2s, Stax... I'm not displeased though, as I listen to the HD-800s daily, but they took a bit of system tweaking to get them to where I liked them. The HE-5s almost did it for me and the O2s are a bit dark, but I am thinking the KGSSHV will fix that. I'm figuring the LCD-2s are considerably better than the HE-5s in this case. I'll be most pleased if I can finally displace the HD-800s.

...comparison to the Omega.

Omega 2! Or SR-007, or O2, or O2mk1 or O2mk2! The "Omega" is the SR-Omega!

If the Omega refers to the SR-007, what are we supposed to call the SR-Omega?! Huh, huh?

the O2s are a bit dark, but I am thinking the Blue Hawaii will fix that

FTFY

Jesus Christ did they not tell you to look at, think about or most of all discuss those holes yet? They must be slipping.

You are supposed to avert your eyes from those holes until 5000 hours of burn in.

After 10,000 hrs you are allowed to look at them but not talk about them.

After 15,000 hrs you fill them with Patrick82's magic audio fluid.

After 20,000 hrs you can think 1 thought a day about them.

After 50,000 hrs they will allow you to listen to music in the 4th dimension as music was meant to be enjoyed.

You never, ever get to discuss them no matter how much burn in you roll with unless you own a dozen Alo replacement cables that have also been waxed by Patrick82's audiophile fluid (Recoated daily), which given that I am discussing them you can infer I have.

funny thing - well reflection of my ignorance in all things wood perhaps, is that I thought it was some sort of funky bass port - yeah i get that they are open but I thought that there might be a layer of damping with a ported space ......

I was discussing this theory the other night when Ken brought me down to planet earth and informed me.....machine holes, how disappointing is that

..dB