Audeze LCD-2

swt61

has any conclusion been reached on whether the ALO cable was incorrectly wired?

ken's irritated over at hf. heh.

Audeze LCD-2 Orthos - Page 114 - Head-Fi.org Community

Ed, dammit would you stop spewing this? THE CABLE WAS WIRED CORRECTLY!! Sankar told me this several days ago and asked me to hold off until they could do some tests on their dummy head to see if there was a potential problem elsewhere and formulate a reply which they are doing now. Please you have ZERO evidence that the cable was wired out of anything. So stop it. You are like a broken record on that impressions thread.

Take a gander at the measurements that Tyll just posted HERE Take a look also at the HD800.

Jesus!

Ken

has any conclusion been reached on whether the ALO cable was incorrectly wired?

ken's irritated over at hf. heh.

Audeze LCD-2 Orthos - Page 114 - Head-Fi.org Community

Likely not. I don't think anyone actually took a multimeter to the ALO cable to check for sure. Tyll was in a hurry to finish other tests. I think he did test a stock wired one though, so if it measures significantly differently, it would be a better indicator. But as of now, no one's actually 100% sure.

All I know, the ALO wired LCD-2 was the only LCD-2 I had time to listen to, and it sounded off. The soundstage and imaging was not right. There was extreme left and right channel separation, like there was a big hole in the middle. And my SVS test tracks were even more off, which tells me it's a phase problem. As to what's causing it is not conclusive.

But I keep thinking of Occum's Razor...

-Ed

Likely not. I don't think anyone actually took a multimeter to the ALO cable to check for sure. Tyll was in a hurry to finish other tests. I think he did test a stock wired one though, so if it measures significantly differently, it would be a better indicator. But as of now, no one's actually 100% sure.

All I know, the ALO wired LCD-2 was the only LCD-2 I had time to listen to, and it sounded off. The soundstage and imaging was not right. There was extreme left and right channel separation, like there was a big hole in the middle. And my SVS test tracks were even more off, which tells me it's a phase problem. As to what's causing it is not conclusive.

But I keep thinking of Occum's Razor...

-Ed

As I've stated already I listened to stock and ALO cabled pairs on Cavalli's new amp. The stock definitely sounded noticeably better to me, and I said so to Alex.

The stock pair sounded phenomenal BTW.

Swt61's pair was retuned by dBel84 i think.

Whose is the other pair? Is that colins?

Also to me the 'compensated' graphs make more sense they seem to tell a truer story.

It's probably Colin's since I know his was measured. I covered up one of the vents with my fingers on swt61's pair of TPs like I did Colin's before he plugged one up on his and it sounded a lot better.

The bottom ones are the five measurements that Tyll took, each with a slightly different positioning on the dummy head.

I believe they were Colin's too. The damping scheme is near identical.

As for the ALO cable thing, they sounded different in a positive way in the brief session that I had with the cables vs stock. I did most of my evaluation with the stock cables and loved the headphone.

and now I wait for the Seattle postman to deliver and the smegster to recover from the nitrates..dB

Especially your memory foam pads Steve. Very comfy and form fitting. I listened to yours with manaox using Justin's GS-1/sony cdp and it was out of this world. I wanted to hog 'em so bad but others were waiting to listen.

On the hp graphs. Where is the one showing the input signal to make sure it doesn't change throughout the sweep? I can't test anything without one channel on the scope showing the input. It's the main reason for my upgrading function gens.

I don't think it registered before that someone was using memory foam for their pads -- that sounds excellent.

lol they generally aren't , I made up a few and happen to have had steve's TP's at the time so I retrofitted the O2 pads with a memory liner - made them conform just enough for a good fit. I am not surprised that folk liked them , I sure did.

..dB