B22 dead, what to do?

Asr

So a Nugget B22 that I recently bought from penger died at a local meet yesterday - I walked up to the amp while someone else was listening (more likely trying to listen) and noticed that the amp was off, which seemed odd. The power switch did nothing and re-plugging the cord did nothing either. One day later the amp still doesn't power on so it wasn't temporary either. I verified this amp as working before the meet, and it worked when I set it up at the meet too, as I listened to some music for awhile on it.

I hear absolutely no internal noises when depressing the power button and have no idea what caused this and no idea how to fix it either. (Edit: the power button still "clicks" mechanically, it's just that nothing electrical happens.) I opened the amp and nothing looks like anything blew either.

So what are my options on getting this amp fixed? Among the amp builders around HC/HF I'm not sure whom to ask either. If anyone could give me some pointers, would really appreciate it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is when they do burn you're well aware of it. You'd smell it and see it upon opening the case. My guess is a simple fix like a fuse or loose connection.

Without a TRS jack on my amp any longer, the burning issue is a thing of the past for me. At least one can hope, twice was quite enough.

Nugget Audio service is exceptional, as was Luvdunhill Audio! :)

The HE-6 was under amped. The B22 doesn't have the power to properly drive the HE-6. On one side the headphone wasn't driven to it's full potential. On the other hand the strain that the HE-6 put on the B22 trying to be driven ultimately caused the amp damage. The T1 was merely the straw of the inevitable.

Wow, that's some serious :palm: there. At least he's living up to his screen name "baka".

Step away from the crack pipe dude! These idjits commenting on things they don't have a clue about drives me nuts on hf anymore. If I wasn't selling a couple things I'd have no reason to even go there anymore. At least he admitted he was wrong, instead of the usual misdirection...