Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene

agile_one

Fitz: Hold off on the single room for now. Peter And I are there Thurs - Mon , as is Ken. Ken made the original request to share a room ( although he admits he snores - apparently ) .

So I count 4 bodies over the Thurs - Mon Period = 2 x 2 Bed Suites ...

The interested parties should come to some agreement ...

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be happy to share a two bedroom suite with anybody who has good earplugs. You don't want to be in the same room as me even with earplugs. :eek:

I thought the two bedroom suite had two bedrooms? That plus ear plugs should be adequate even for Ken.

I think wall + earplugs + alcohol should be more than sufficient to deal with snoring. :)

It's starting to look really doubtful for me. I've received three calls this week (two were call backs from messages I left) for Santa events that ALL are scheduled to take place on December 11th.

One is with a grade school that I do a "Breakfast with Santa" event for every year. I get there at 7:30am and don't get out of there until about noon (they do 4 "seatings" of 45 minutes each with 15 minute breaks in between to reset the tables). In the past, I've done it for free, but this year they quickly offered me $300 after I explained that I'm now charging for my services. For Saturdays in December, my fees for corporate events are $200 for the first hour, and $125 for each additional hour.

The other two are corporate parties, Deloitte & Touche, and Caribbean Utility Company, each of which will take about 2 hours, so they should bring in $325 each.

That would still leave Saturday evening open, not to mention Friday and Sunday. It could easily be a $1,500+ weekend, which would be $1,800+ in US dollars. Would go a long way toward paying for the Edition 10 that I've been drooling over.

I haven't committed to anything yet, but probably will tomorrow. I think I'm going to be a greedy bastard this year to make up for all of those years of schleping around town doing Santa work for free and/or to raise funds for various charities.

No, you just need to sync them, get a nice cancellation effect. I think properly timed electrical shocks should do it. Worth a shot, at least.

I'm sure Bose could whip something up in time for the meet.

The two bedroom suites have the bedrooms separated by the living area, and each bedroom has a door to seal it off. Might be enough, even for Ken. :) For those in a pinch, that living area has a sleeper sofa, so a 3rd person easily accommodated.

Edited by agile_one

It's a Marriott, right? I think I have a line on an employee discount, and I also have a line on what is an AMAZING mexican restaurant (my friend is a chef in St. Pete and she was gushing over this place). Also, for the photogs, there is a Chilluly (sp?) Exhibit, blown glass art sculptures. Should be interesting.

Back to work...

**BRENT**

I hadn't really decided on either, but consider the 2nd bedroom claimed. Thanks. :)

You're welcome, and thanks for willing to deal with my nighttime symphonies. I'll reserve a room today.

Edit: I'll book a room when the hotel puts up the Head Case web page.

Fitz: Hold off on the single room for now. Peter And I are there Thurs - Mon , as is Ken. Ken made the original request to share a room ( although he admits he snores - apparently ) .

So I count 4 bodies over the Thurs - Mon Period = 2 x 2 Bed Suites ...

The interested parties should come to some agreement ...

Done! It's me and Fitz and, I guess, you and Peter.

Edited by guzziguy

You're welcome, and thanks for willing to deal with my nighttime symphonies. I'll reserve a room today.

Edit: I'll book a room when the hotel puts up the Head Case web page.

Done! It's me and Fitz and, I guess, you and Peter.

Sounds like a plan, and easier as Peter and I will have exactly the same checkin / checkout times. Just need to wait for the hotel to put up the Head Case web page.

I also have a line on what is an AMAZING mexican restaurant (my friend is a chef in St. Pete and she was gushing over this place).

The only truly great Mexican food in Tampa comes from a bus. Luckily that bus is parked and open 24/7. A late night (early morning?!) trip will be made, somebody remember to stay sober.

Then again your friend may be talking about some place in St Pete, an area about which I've always been wilfully ignorant.

@Gene Red Mesa, but it's in St. Pete (where I'll be Friday afternoon, hoping to get a ride, but I have two old friends in the area, gonna try to work something out if the HC Taxi Service isn't running).

Is anyone getting a single room (should be a queen/sleeper sofa/one roll-away bed). For two rooms, I can knock another 15$ off the group rate through a friend, bringing it to 79$/night. There's a little paperwork, but shouldn't be that big of a deal.

**BRENT**