Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene

agile_one

Awesome Gene. I had thought of that hotel but didn't know much about it. Nearly the only hotel on that block that I haven't been around, but that's because they don't have a bar. It's a very new property so not sketchy like the Hilton next door. And of course, walkable to Cigar City.

I'm trying to remember which hotel I went to (on that block) to watch the Final Four last year. We were over at that warehouse-looking bar nearby, where they brew their own beer. I forget the name of the place. I boogied early so I could catch the championship game because there was no friggin' TV anywhere.

Anyway, I thought it was the Marriott but maybe I went to the Hilton. It was a nice hotel, very modern, with a small open bar area.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There going to be anything going on Monday the 13th? Trying to figure out when to fly out.

Not a thing planned for Monday, Todd. You would be on your own. A few should be around, and you can probably cook something up. Lots to see and do in the area, so if you wanted to stay, there will be plenty to keep you busy.

Nate: Sad that you cannot make it. :( Let's hope that you have better luck with Mayberry II.

^This. The bad news-good news nature of your post has a silver lining that I like, and I think we can make up for lost time in Mayberry. Plus, the Millett will be there. :)

Me also sad you can't make Tampa, Nate, but as Shelly, Jim, and Al have mentioned, the Mayberry silver lining part is win.

Yeah, I am curious about this too. Jet Blue has some decent prices, but only an afternoon flight on Friday and around 6pm on Monday from EWR-TPA.

hmmmmm ... if enough peeps are hanging around through Monday your meetmeister will be obligated to serve up some activity. So, if a Monday return is the only option, go for it, and we will keep you entertained.

Yeah, I am curious about this too. Jet Blue has some decent prices, but only an afternoon flight on Friday and around 6pm on Monday from EWR-TPA.

I'm planning on flying back monday, I could easily make it a later flight if there's still gonna be some people around most of the day.

mike

vicki

al

gene

matt

grahame

brent

ari

todd

carl

fitz

colin

shelly

wayne (?)

justin

jeff

dom (?)

peter

steve (asr)

ben

miguel

ken

alex (?)

steve (dr wood) (?)

raffy

scott (?)

above list in no particular order. just ran through the thread very quickly. ? next to names who i didnt see affirmative posts from. mods please edit as necessary.

Edit: And its not too far to a Five Guys.

Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport to Five Guys Burgers & Fries - Google Maps

What more could you want?

Recommended options also in the area:

La Teresita. 1.3 miles, but walking is a bit sketchy for the last few blocks. Open 24 hrs, with large cheap servings of basic Cuban foods. Cup of garbanzo soup and a cuban sandwich will treat you right.

Lee Roy Selmons. Same parking lot as the hotel. Reasonably cheap BBQ and soul food from a soulsucking chain.

There are about 10 upscale steak and seafood chains in a mile radius. My recommendation if you're staying close is Capital Grille. If you travel a few miles you can go to Bern's Steakhouse, but bring your Black cards.