What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

2007 La Jota Merlot. Went to a friend's house to pick up my case of Seasmoke Ten earlier today and hung around a bit for a Pinot tasting, I am now experiencing the wrath of (Mrs.) Khan. :blink:

The good news for all you interested parties is that the 2009 is good stuff.

Edited by Augsburger

87b15e1a.jpg

Cuvee Des Jacobins Rouge...probably the best beer had on tap tonight...not too sweet...good stuff...coming soon to bottles...

e23fd22e.jpg

Upland Persimmon Lambic...quite a sugary, tropical nose...

Upland Raspberry Lambic...good, but behind blueberry, blackberry & persimmon methinks...

03523792.jpg

Lost Abbey Framboise de Amorosa...I brought this one...probably best Raspberry base beer I've had...Lost Abbey is incredible...

7d286a46.jpg

Brugge Spider King...they (Brugge) rarely have this on...

7d286a46.jpg

Hannsens Oudbeitje Lambic...at first I thought this was as horrible as the pic I took, but the strawberry kick is worth the initial discomfort...

Professor Fritz Briem 1809 Berliner Weisse...do NOT smell this one...just enjoy...

fff9de36.jpg

Westvleteren 8 & then 12...

both tasted candied to me...trying to read the best by to determine vintage, but it was immediately apparent that the 12 I took to Jackie O's was amongst the best beers on Earth...that one we pegged as a 2006...it's as if this one hasn't gone through the metamorphosis...

still...all things considered:)...

also forgot to mention that someone whipped out a bottle of Isabelle Proximus circa 2007 (nutso rare) earlier...

Edited by emelius