What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

First, I finally got up the nerve for the clear rye throwdown:

b747e849.jpg

This will be a non-Skylab, non-HPA review. The Wasmund's clear rye spirit remained as hideously vile as I remembered. The Barbershop clear rye was merely vile. However, since the Barbershop is significantly more expensive I declare it a tied FAIL.

I needed something to cleanse my palate so I went with an improved Lucien Gaudin cocktail:

1 1/2 oz Junipero Gin

1/2 oz Mandarine Napolean

1/2 oz Gran Classico Bitters

1/2 oz Vya extra dry Vermouth

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange twist.

c5e3a551.jpg

Edited by morphsci

First, I finally got up the nerve for the clear rye throwdown:

This will be a non-Skylab, non-HPA review. The Wasmund's clear rye spirit remained as hideously vile as I remembered. The Barbershop clear rye was merely vile. However, since the Barbershop is significantly more expensive I declare it a tied FAIL.

Clearly a Tyll/Inner Fidelity quality review! rofl.gif I'll remember to steer clear of the unaged ryes.

I approve of the improved Lucien Gaudin cocktail!

From earlier today:

FFF/Brewdog Bitch Please and Clown Shoes Balcorn Unidragon Russian Imperial Stout (shared with a couple of friends). Loved the Bitch Please but it wouldn't be something I would want to drink every week. The RIS was nice too.

JoePC.jpg

1UyGM.jpg

Fitz: That is one excellent looking Negroni.

Edited by shellylh

Opened up my FFF Evil Power while moving back into SF because I have not knowingly had an imperial pilsner before this one.

a6cd8aa1-9e41-aa3b.jpg

Realizing I was hungry, I decided to reprise my fried egg and bacon sammich with FFF brew (because it is the only food in the house).

a6cd8aa1-9e92-5239.jpg

Very tasty all around. Thanks to Mike Sr. and Bryan for the box of FFF and other brews. \m/

Opened up my FFF Evil Power while moving back into SF because I have not knowingly had an imperial pilsner before this one.

a6cd8aa1-9e41-aa3b.jpg

Realizing I was hungry, I decided to reprise my fried egg and bacon sammich with FFF brew (because it is the only food in the house).

a6cd8aa1-9e92-5239.jpg

Very tasty all around. Thanks to Mike Sr. and Bryan for the box of FFF and other brews. \m/

Not bad at all Al. :)