What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

A rye "cocktail" suggested by Dan in chat. Coat glass with absinthe, add 3oz rye and 3 dashes of Peychaud's bitters. I used St. George and Rittenhouse 25.

Is good.

EDIT: Dan's trying to call it a sazerac. No sugar or lemon, nuh-un.

Edited by Fitz

That sounds good Fitz (although it does sound quite similar to a Sazerac) - St. George and Rittenhouse 25 are both excellent!

Yar, Dan's backed down to calling it a simplified sazerac. It's still quite tasty, if noticeably different due to the absence of the lemon. Dunno how much difference the sugar makes.

A rye "cocktail" suggested by Dan in chat. Coat glass with absinthe, add 3oz rye and 3 dashes of Peychaud's bitters. I used St. George and Rittenhouse 25.

Is good.

EDIT: Dan's trying to call it a sazerac. No sugar or lemon, nuh-un.

I had one of these in chat with Fitz, though mine was Vintage 21 rye and Lucid. Also a negroni. Man, I really prefer that drink the way I made it tonight, with bulldog, dolin blanc, and the obligatory Campari. I just eyeballed the ratios for both. Now diet mt dew in preparation for bed.

That sounds good Fitz (although it does sound quite similar to a Sazerac) - St. George and Rittenhouse 25 are both excellent!

All that talk of bourbon made me thirsty for moar.

Me and and my friend Pappy:

iSOSG.jpg

Ooh, nice, Shelly! That's the real deal, right there! I need to get me a bottle of that. Not that easy to find.

Thanks for the tip! The only time I tried it was in my pre-HC days, I was into Scotches and beers, but didn't know bourbon yet. I was hanging out with a buddy in Atlanta, chatting about liquor (what else?) and the topic turned to bourbon. He mentioned Pappy and said how awesome it was, let's go get some. We drove to his local liquor store, picked up a bottle for a bit over $100, like it was nothing, and drank a few glasses that night. I just figured you could run to your local store and pick it up whenever you wanted. I've never seen a bottle since. I'll keep my eyes wide open this fall ...

Oh, and the other thing I wonder about is recycled (used?) toilet paper. I'm always wary of that ...

Edited by jvlgato