What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Squire Duggeh brought me a little something from his homeland on his last visit to the States and I finally got around to cracking it today.

web.jpg?ver=13121531950001

The full story of the Brew Dog Prototype 27 is found on the Brew Dog Blog, but it is special bottling of Hardcore IPA with fresh Scottish raspberries that was aged in a 1982 Caol Ila cask and resulted in only 150 bottles!!! I think that has to be the most exclusive brew I have had that wasn't made in a friend's garage. I knew it was too cold when I started drinking it but I couldn't wait. The raspberries hit right up front and then the hops bite settles in. Now that it is warming and opening up a bit, the wood and smoke lay across my tongue on the finish. The blog tasting notes are more detailed and flowery. Thank you Duggeh, this a radical brew!

web.jpg?ver=13121531950001

Cheers!

Major envy on my part reading that post!

Al glad you enjoyed it.

Somehow managed to to miss that post first time round Al, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It is one of my absolute favourites from Brewdog (I snaffled 6 of the 150 as soon as I read the description and they were not asking much for it either) When I last spoke to Martin Dickie I asked him directly about Prototype 27, he hinted that he'd like to make more of it but that capacity issues are ruining his scope for more niche brews.

Edited by Duggeh

Gene, I have a carpet of hair running down my chest all the way down to my crotch. Apparently bitchez can't resist that shit as they're swarming me right now :)

Tried 4 oz portions of WW Stout and 120 min separately.... The 120 was good but a little sweet and the WW Stout was nice but KBS is still king of imp stouts in my book....

2d983ee6.jpg

a5002864.jpg

Firesteone Walker Parabola from Saturday night...wasn't exactly hot, but could probably use a year in the cellar...glad my buddy cracked his open so I don't hafta open mine any time soon:)...

87184b59.jpg

also from Saturday night...

Bryggeriet Refsvindinge Mors Stout...there were only 2 unique entries for this on untappd...weird to have it show up in Indy...

3a6d9b93.jpg

throw in some Chimay cheese:)...smelly!...

cc68dbde.jpg

hadn't seen Struise Mikkeller Elliot Brew in ages...probably because it isn't being made any longer!...

d8658ace.jpg

Boulevard Smokestack Series/Deschutes Collaboration 2 White IPA -- probably the best beer of the night...was also lucky enough to have this on tap at the Indiana Microbrewers Festival...get it before it's gone...although the Collaboration 1 is still on shelves here in select stores...

& Two Brothers Hop Juice which might be just right on tap, but I'm not so fond of it from bombers...

so ya...good times:)...but then last night I had some Boulevard Smokestack Series Saison - Brett...also known as George Brett...the '11 is just as good as I remember the '10 being...& I had some The Bruery Cuir...never has been a favorite of mine, but I liked it more than last time...maybe the last bottle had been sitting out in the heat before it was sold to me...who knows...anyways, not a beer I suggest buying unless you can find the 100% Barrel Aged version or just want to age one for fun...

Edited by emelius

klwines doesn't list Indiana on the places they're ok to ship to...but they say to call 'em & maybe something can be worked out...so I've never used 'em before...lemme know if you have any success...

I've moved on to Bell's Third Coast Old Ale...not to be confused with Third Coast Beer...

..& I had some The Bruery Cuir...never has been a favorite of mine, but I liked it more than last time...maybe the last bottle had been sitting out in the heat before it was sold to me...who knows...anyways, not a beer I suggest buying unless you can find the 100% Barrel Aged version or just want to age one for fun...

'Round these parts you'll have to trade for the 100% BA versions of anything from The Bruery. I still really want to try 100% BA Coton, but I really doubt that'll ever happen. A lot of their shit is just too rare. But you already know that ;).