February 8, 201313 yr comment_560362 Der Fall Böse, Die ganze Nacht -- "Über der Stadt" fucking rocks, as does "Untergehn"...sure wish I knew what the hell they were singing about. Report
February 8, 201313 yr comment_560407 Love Spirals Downwards - flux It's gonna be an electronica kind of day I think. Report
February 8, 201313 yr comment_560463 Andrea Bocelli | Passione 'Cause my co-workers are being unnecessarily dramatic today and this helps with the resulting sarcasm. Report
February 8, 201313 yr comment_560471 Love Spirals Downwards - flux It's gonna be an electronica kind of day I think. Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X Vanessa Daou - Zipless Thievery Corporation - Sounds from the Thievery Hi-Fi Damn, dude, that's some good stuff. I love trip-hop. I'm almost tempted to drop some recommendations, but you seem to be on a roll... Report
February 8, 201313 yr comment_560477 Well, to start with, you know that Lovespiralsdownward morphed into Lovespirals, right? And I really dig that whole Elfenstaub series, although that's more downtempo than trip-hop And Halou, Wiser always gets lumped in that trip-hop category, although it's more than that. One of my favourite albums of 2001, if not the favourite. Rob Dougan, Furious Angels is similarly one of my favourite albums of 1998, though I didn't know that until years later. He, too, wanders outside of pure trip-hop. That's why I didn't want to recommend you anything, whatever I think of are my own albums of association more than what yours will be. Blue Foundation, Sweep of Days And of course there are the classics -- Becoming X, Faithless, Massive Attack, Morcheeba, Tricky, Portishead, Zero 7, Lamb (again: -ish)... This is all assuming you're on Spotify and can try before you buy...I'm sure you have your own way of sampling stuff... EDIT: Also, if you are on Spotify, I really like the playlist, "Enter the Dub" by Tom Grønås. Report
February 9, 201313 yr comment_560513 Oneohtrix Point Never, Rifts -- experimental electronica -- more like 'musical ideas' of varying length, varying musicality*, and varying accessibility. Melikey. *Musicality being that scale from pure 'hook' to pure 'aggravation'. Report
February 9, 201313 yr comment_560529 Vanessa Daou, Zipless -- I've been meaning to listen to this since it came out, now, on Spotify, I can, so here I am... Report
February 9, 201313 yr comment_560546 Vanessa Daou, Zipless -- I've been meaning to listen to this since it came out, now, on Spotify, I can, so here I am... I always feel a little dirty listening to that album... In a good way Thanks for the recs Dusty. I'll definitely check those out. I've got a bunch of the standards you mentioned but not some of the specific things you listed. Edited February 9, 201313 yr by thrice Report
February 9, 201313 yr comment_560563 Yeah, well, I found it a little dirty in a frustrating way... Various Artists, Five Point One (The Mark Reeder 2.0 Versions) -- discovered while playing connect the dots from the Daou -- mix of 80's synthpop, 80's artists' contemporary synthpop, and electroclash (current artists that sound like 80's synthpop) -- I'll be purchasing this... Report
February 9, 201313 yr comment_560567 Various Artists - The Classical Style Revisited (Mozart and Haydn works) Report
February 9, 201313 yr comment_560576 Halou - Wiser Thanks for the recommendation Dusty. I like it! Report
February 10, 201313 yr comment_560651 Bill Evans Trio - Consecration: The Last Complete Collection loving this Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.