January 19, 201313 yr comment_557136 boz scaggs - down two, then left Edited January 19, 201313 yr by aardvark baguette Report
January 20, 201313 yr comment_557244 New Order -- Lost Sirens Bit of a curiosity, but more New Order is better than less New Order. Report
January 20, 201313 yr comment_557290 kate bush | directors cut That's surprisingly good, I should listen to that again...enqueued. Also, Lost Sirens. Right now finishing Foretaste, Alone with People Around Report
January 20, 201313 yr comment_557301 Lana Del Ray - Born to Die If you haven't heard Paradise, it's a nice companion piece to Born to Die... Report
January 20, 201313 yr comment_557302 I haven't, I'll check it out. I've had this since it came out, and have only listened to it 3 times now. Report
January 21, 201313 yr comment_557396 New Order -- Lost Sirens Bit of a curiosity... I'm curious why you say this, it sounds pretty much like bog standard 21st century New Order to me. Report
January 22, 201313 yr comment_557565 Rewired, The Loner, Dirty Fingers, and El Becko -- a bunch of Jeff Beck tributes I found on Spotify. Report
January 22, 201313 yr comment_557575 Heidevolk - BataviThis band is a relatively new discovery for me. I have no idea which sub-genre of metal they belong in, but I really REALLY like them. They sing in Dutch, and their vocal melodies and harmony choices are different from anything I've ever heard. Highly recommended.Incidentally, they are playing on the Paganfest America tour this spring. I'll probably drive down to Minneapolis-St. Paul to see them. Report
January 22, 201313 yr comment_557596 Noted. Tried looking them up on Spotify, nada. Will have to look elsewhere. Me: Riverside, Shrine of New Generation Slaves I do, indeed, like it, but needs moar space. Oh well, it's not over yet. I do see one song that's over 8 minutes and another that's over 12 coming up, so I am hopeful. Report
January 22, 201313 yr comment_557625 Tried a couple Heidevolk songs on Pandora. Digging them. The drummer is impressive Edited January 22, 201313 yr by robm321 Report
January 22, 201313 yr comment_557629 Was: Gazpacho, Night Is: Edison's Children, In the Last Waking Moments... To Be: Antimatter, Fear of a Unique Identity Report
January 22, 201313 yr comment_557675 Cowboy Junkies - Renmin Park Got a ticket to see them in Carrboro on 3/9. Need to get reacquainted, Report
January 22, 201313 yr comment_557689 I'm a little behind on my Cowboy Junkies, I don't think I've heard anything by them since Open. Report
January 22, 201313 yr comment_557695 I'm curious why you say this, it sounds pretty much like bog standard 21st century New Order to me. A curiosity as in something not particularly necessary or useful. Gang Of Four -- Entertainment Report
January 23, 201313 yr comment_557756 I finally got around to getting the thin lizzy cds Fighting Report
January 23, 201313 yr comment_557846 Love some Thin Lizzy! Me inna different direction tonight. Yo La Tengo -- Fade Report
January 23, 201313 yr comment_557897 Ella Fitzgerald — Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Harold Arlen Songbook Report
January 24, 201313 yr comment_557940 I finally got around to getting the thin lizzy cds Fighting Live and Dangerous is amazing. Hope you've got that one. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.