Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What are you listening to Part the Third

Featured Replies

  • Replies 13.8k
  • Views 2.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Some Glenn system testing.. Current configuration in New place.

  • It has been a long evening....    a long musical and sad evening.            and lots of Mac 12yo... 

  • Knuckledragger
    Knuckledragger

    I was gonna post this isn Slow, but I think it's more appropriate here.  TMBG's Flood came out 30 years ago today.  After I got past my initial "holy shit am I old" reaction, I reflected upon the firs

Posted Images

41NGnfi0H3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

 

Bill Frisell, Paul Motian and Joe Lavano - Time and Time Again

Heard about Rudresh Mahanthappa's Gamak on NPR. "Saxophonist Rudresh Mahanthappa's quartet can sound like it's cross-pollinating Indian classical music and vintage Captain Beefheart." Fun stuff here. On MOG.

 
 
rudresh-mahanthappa.jpg

Edited by blessingx

Heard about Rudresh Mahanthappa's Gamak on NPR. "Saxophonist Rudresh Mahanthappa's quartet can sound like it's cross-pollinating Indian classical music and vintage Captain Beefheart." Fun stuff here. On MOG.
Just listened to some previews on iTunes. Sounds really cool! I'd buy their stuff just for the cool album art too. I'm going to have to check them out more.

Riverside, Night Session -- it's exactly what it sounds like it is -- it's like they put the new Riverside in a centrifuge, and all the space and improv went onto this disk.

 

On an unrelated note, I wonder when Oh Land is going to put out that Tricky collaboration.

 

379266_10151301401755924_907331495_n.jpg

 

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like that she puts herself out there (ahem)

 

...uh...

 

Where was I going with that?

 

I forget...

 

Something about PR

 

I'll be in my bunk.

 

NP:  "I Wanna Do Bad Things to You" -- not the song, just my voice, saying those words.

The Heavy, The Glorious Dead

 

Organic, groovy, laid-back, bluesy poprock -- the song, "Be Mine" has already convinced me (due to misheard lyrics) that the name of my first album should be, "Get Off My Mind" (such a great pun)

 

I call this universal music, because just about anyone in the universe would like this.

Pieter Nooten, Surround Us -- if you were a synesthete, and wanted to know what melancholia sounded like, it'd be this album.  If you had to make up music that qualified as "Dusty Chalk approved", all ambient and sad but accessible, not completely off the rails experimental, it would be this.

^ If you haven't already, check out Jonny Greenwood & Krzysztof Penderecki's Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima/Popcorn Superhet Receiver/Polymorphia/48 Responses to Polymorphia (ht to CT).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.