March 3, 201313 yr Author comment_563715 Listening on the EMM stack > EC BA > Millett Unnecessarily Complex 300B > OMA Minis. Weird crackle in one channel mysteriously gone today after two hours playing. This selection is making me love my speakers. Report
March 3, 201313 yr comment_563754 Various artists, Spirit of Talk Talk -- goddamn, this is the best tribute compilation I've ever heard...but mostly if you love Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock -era Talk Talk. Moody, patient, atmospheric, jazzy, and above all, consistent. It works so well as an album. Report
March 3, 201313 yr comment_563840 first did this one a few times milt jackson & john coltrane - bags & trane just moved onto this: john coltrane - ole coltrane this has been the best weekend in a while absolutely nothing but music. coltrane is amazing on this rig for whatever reason, jesus christ. Report
March 3, 201313 yr comment_563842 Wow, that's really a coincidence, I've been listening today through 4 different Coltrane albums. Early Coltrane pre 1962 I must say. Report
March 3, 201313 yr Author comment_563843 Reading about audio gear and listening to music on the OMA Minis is pretty fun too. Report
March 4, 201313 yr comment_563878 just finished: coltrane plays the blues now putting on: john coltrane - coltrane's sound Report
March 4, 201313 yr comment_563891 Anja Garbarek, her entire oeuvre, inspired by the knowledge that Mark Hollis of Talk Talk helped produce it after his solo album. All three of her albums are quite good. I'm only familiar with My Favourite Things and Blue Train, what should I try next? Queuing up Birth of the Cool in the meantime -- Mark Hollis was definitely influenced by jazz during his latter actively musical years. Report
March 4, 201313 yr comment_563906 avant garde has some interesting bass, even though its 2 different players bags & trane has some real pocket. Report
March 4, 201313 yr comment_563908 Started with At Carnegie Hall with the Theolonious Monk Quartet, queued those up for next. Report
March 5, 201313 yr comment_564018 there is no order to how i select these from the box set. just pull at random. speaking of, lol @ the prices on amazon now. i remember at the time thinking i should buy 3 or 4 of them and wait. Edited March 5, 201313 yr by aardvark baguette Report
March 5, 201313 yr comment_564072 ^ Very jealous, got link to box set? Maybe I can get lucky on fleabay. Currently listening to Hahn and Lisitsa play Ives sonatas. Report
March 5, 201313 yr comment_564099 Oh yes, I remember now, thanks! There's a listing for $400 BIN from China... not sure if fake... Report
March 5, 201313 yr Author comment_564173 I will be seeing this trio from the front row next month with ironbut. Report
March 6, 201313 yr comment_564177 Fuck yeah Love love love me some Hiromi Just found out she had that new release today Will look up tour dates when I get out Sent frum mah phone-blet using Tapatalk. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.