August 5, 201412 yr comment_647593 Antimatter, Lights Out -- sublimely low key album, RIYL Pink Floyd's more atmospheric moments Report
August 5, 201412 yr comment_647608 I <3 Antimatter so much. They're unlike hardly anything else that is out there (some Ihsahn, perhaps, some Anathema). Now listening to Planetary Confinement which is also top notch. I've got 'em on my iPod, but I'll see if I can find the source... Report
August 6, 201412 yr comment_647643 If only I could make Julie London less lonely. And next... Edited August 6, 201412 yr by blessingx Report
August 6, 201412 yr comment_647721 Die Welt ist Klang: A Tribute to Pete Namlook More of this. Great for working/concentrating. I'm sussing backbone.localStorage as we speak. Report
August 8, 201412 yr comment_647911 More of what I will be listening to and a heads up. A live stream from Lincoln Center Live, the Campbell Brothers/ Sacred Steel will be playing A Love Supreme. Cassandra Wilson is headlining the show that starts @ 7:30 ET. http://lincolncenter.magnify.net/ Report
August 8, 201412 yr comment_647942 Peter Sculthorpe RIP Edited August 8, 201412 yr by blessingx Report
August 9, 201412 yr comment_647986 Antimatter, Lights Out -- sublimely low key album, RIYL Pink Floyd's more atmospheric moments got this from amazon today. its so moody <3 in recent years a lot of my favorite albums end up being the sparse ones. this definitely has potential. going to listen a few times this weekend. Report
August 9, 201412 yr comment_648021 Saviour, Lights Out, Planetary Confinement, and Alternative Matter are all right up there. One of those groups that when I go back to them, I wonder why I don't listen to them more often. They're just like so little else out there. EDIT: Listening to Saviour now -- it's a bit less moody, rockier. I still love it a lot more than Fear of a Unique Identity, but for entirely different reasons than Lights Out and Planetary Confinement. Report
August 9, 201412 yr comment_648031 Peter Sculthorpe RIP Sad news indeed. Edited August 9, 201412 yr by johnwmclean Report
August 9, 201412 yr comment_648036 EDIT: Fuck me, I just noticed that Devin sounds like Dennis DeYoung when he sings clean, now I want him to do a Styx cover. I somehow missed that Devon Townsend growled. Or was interesting. Saw him at the first concert I went to without my parents. Edited August 9, 201412 yr by cetoole Report
August 9, 201412 yr comment_648041 He only growls a little bit, mostly sings clean, and even then, it's not full cookie monster. It's when he does vibrato that he sounds like Dennis. And how can you say he's not interesting, he's fabulously entertaining. Watch the Waken video, it's fantastic. I love his self-deprecating sense of humor. "Oh look there's a girl." "We're all ripping off Meshuggah." "Time to get nerdy!" "I have a small penis." Report
August 12, 201412 yr comment_648334 Taking your lead and expanding towards sleep... http://youtu.be/O7FhEpif1cA Report
August 12, 201412 yr comment_648358 Coil - Music To Play In The Dark Vol. 2 - freaky and good. Report
August 12, 201412 yr comment_648381 metallica - load on a metallica kick for some reason rarely listen to this one first time on the ATCs, its kind of scary. Report
August 12, 201412 yr comment_648394 With some choice cuts, the Loads could make one hell of a single album, critics be damned. Report
August 13, 201412 yr comment_648438 Feel free to pop a list. I assume the hee-yuk tracks get deleted, neh? Me: Cloudkicker, The Discovery -- (throaty, non-falsetto yell) YYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!1!ones!ohnoes! (djenty djenty djent djent) Report
August 14, 201412 yr comment_648576 Just a few songs in, but enjoying new Imogen Heap album so far: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.