June 22, 201412 yr comment_641830 Brown Sabbath on First LIsten -- greatest mashup since Dread Zeppelin. I might like it better. Latin funk meets old school stoner rock. Report
June 22, 201412 yr comment_641834 A track by track mix of songs used while reviewing a certain DAC that was recently sent to me .. the review is posted at that other site .. I sure as fuck won't post the review here but thought I'd share the music, anyway cause I know a couple folk here who like music ... : No more pint of salt for me!!! ... enjoy. Report
June 22, 201412 yr comment_641878 Yes - The Yes Album Steve Wilson mix now on to the SACD rip of SRV's Couldn't Stand The Weather Report
June 22, 201412 yr comment_641879 Tangram, "The Public Static Void" -- sounds like something Knucks would play, were he on quaaludes I know he doesn't do that, and I'm not implying he does, I'm just saying, this is even yet still more downbeat than what he usually plays. Report
June 22, 201412 yr comment_641901 Jack White - Lazaretto Ultra LP so weird playing a record from the inside out. Best show at Bonnaroo. My third time seeing Jack White solo and everytime he destroys. Greatest rock and roller playing today. Report
June 22, 201412 yr Author comment_641923 Have you seen the angels? Ironbut is still waiting for a divine visit. Report
June 22, 201412 yr comment_641930 Tried butting my iron head into a brick wall a few times but so far,.. only a few stars. Maybe I'm watching the wrong tutorial? Report
June 22, 201412 yr comment_641949 Bunch of First Listen stuff. Sucks that I don't remember to this every week, they had Boris on recently. I've been liking most everything (I skipped the Phish one, though, although I should probably give even that one a chance) to various degrees: Strand of Oaks, Heal -- probably my favourite of the bunch -- straightforward indie poprock, heavy on the synthesizers and the grunge, a very nice combo Circulatory System, Mosaics within Mosaics -- weird for the sake of weird in many parts, but I like it more than, say, Flaming Lips Rolê, New Sounds of Brazil -- pretty much exactly what it sounds like it should sound like Phox, Phox -- what I expect most of you would like the most -- note quite London Grammar good, but of the same ilk Report
June 23, 201412 yr comment_641974 Operation Ivy - s/t (1991) Needed to clean out the mental cobwebs this evening and some high school ska core was just what the doctor ordered. Report
June 23, 201412 yr comment_642061 off the vinyl me please site - made me ask for an invite. http://vinylmeplease.com/record-of-the-month/jaguerra/ Report
June 25, 201412 yr comment_642334 Discipline 30th Anniversary. The only one of my 5 digital versions of this that stand up to the HD800s. Is there a definitive version, on digital, that isn't this disc? This one does fucking rock. 40th anniversary edition. Report
June 26, 201412 yr comment_642437 Operation Ivy - s/t (1991) Needed to clean out the mental cobwebs this evening and some high school ska core was just what the doctor ordered. I'll join you. Report
June 26, 201412 yr comment_642448 Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation. Plenty of albums I like better (hell, even SY albums), and I rarely listen to this anymore, but honestly this may end up being the most important album in my life for hitting when I was the right age to appreciate, clearing cobwebs and setting a stage for the future. Plus always thought the term/genre "Artcore" was pretty badass. Strangely, I think The Pixies (no slouch) narrative has overwritten some of the Sonic Youth ripples. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.