August 23, 201412 yr comment_649704 Ty Segall - Manipulator Do you guys like rock and roll music? http://www.npr.org/2014/08/17/339576574/first-listen-ty-segall-manipulator pretty fuckin awesome. Report
August 24, 201412 yr comment_649783 Wine maker Merv Griffin talking with experimental pilot John Denver introducing sex addicts The Starland Vocal Band. Onion skinning. http://youtu.be/qxbSQxbpchk Edited August 24, 201412 yr by blessingx Report
August 24, 201412 yr comment_649811 Thomas Dolby - The Flat Earth, the remaster is pretty nice (unlike many remasters). The CD also has Dissidents: The Search For Truth Part I off the 12". Report
August 24, 201412 yr comment_649823 ^ great album, his best, IMHO. Me: The Colourfield, Virgins and Philistines and Deception -- so great. Report
August 27, 201412 yr comment_650110 So for my 60th birthday my (way ) better half got around $2.5K of reissues. Here are a few of the must own I've listened to so far. Led Zeppeplin one the first LP. Go buy it now. She got me I II III reissues. All good , but the first LP is great. Freddie Hubbard "red clay" 45rpm Elvis 24K hits 45rpm Oscar Peterson trio "west side story" 45rpm verve reissue. I have all the verve reissues. ALL GREAT Lee Morgan "the gigolo" 45rpm "The blues and the abstract truth" impulse reissue 45rpm. run don't walk and get this if you don't have it for your jazz collection! Still haven't heard them all yet but these stand out. Report
August 27, 201412 yr comment_650113 Very nice gift and HBD! Best Bday gifts ever! Still have a bunch of back orders coming. Plus the Beatles mono set. Listening to the Gerry Mulligan quartet "what is there to say" 45rpm now. WOW what a great record Report
August 27, 201412 yr comment_650126 Happy early/belated, Tom! Sounds like a nice haul! Send my best to the missus. **BRENT** Report
August 27, 201412 yr comment_650149 That's indeed awesome, "much" better half indeed! Happy 60th! Me: listening to Tina Dico - Whispers Nice Danish singer-songwriter, pretty bare and intense with songs. Folk-pop with some country influence. Edited August 27, 201412 yr by skullguise Report
August 28, 201412 yr comment_650331 Thanks for the BD wishes every one! My wife is the best! I may be loosing it though. Have always loved Revolver, and white LP best of Beatles records. But have been loving the Hard Days Night LP last couple weeks. Listening to side one now. Its moved into tie for #2 favorite. I don't think anything will pass Revolver. Brent, make the drive and come hang out. Report
August 28, 201412 yr comment_650332 Thanks for the BD wishes every one! My wife is the best! I may be loosing it though. Have always loved Revolver, and white LP best of Beatles records. But have been loving the Hard Days Night LP last couple weeks. Listening to side one now. Its moved into tie for #2 favorite. I don't think anything will pass Revolver. Brent, make the drive and come hang out. I get my CAKE box set next month. May try to do it after that. I have way too much unopened stuff **BRENT** Report
August 29, 201412 yr comment_650482 Fun Boy Three Just READING this, and I can't get their cover of "Our Lips Are Sealed" out of my head..... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.