What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Steve Hogarth & Richard Barbieri, Not the Weapon but the Hand -- weird, minimalistic, sparse, moody album. Steve sounds like he can barely sing quietly enough, against Richard's backdrop (there really is no other word for it -- soundscapes sounds too attention-whorey) of music. I'm actually quite liking it, probably because I'm in my darkened office with headphones on, with a comedown from a post-spicy-meal high going on.

My rating, on a scale of one to infinity: 8| (dilated pupils)

Reminiscent of more recent ELO (e.g., Zoom) and his work with Traveling Wilburys. I.E. less "electronic", no violin flourishes, and a more general Beatles-y-ness to the songwriting.

Me: Can't decide, was listening to Stevie Wonder earlier, not sure whether to go back to IAMX...will probably nix all and watch Sherlock.

Should Be: Bruno Mars

Just in a poppy/groovy/slightly off-kilter mood

Okay, I didn't know. There's nothing 'slightly off-kilter' about this, this is as mainstream as it gets. I didn't realize this was the "Marry You" guy. God I hate that song, and I don't even know why. It just ruined the rest of the album for me, I tried to skip it, but I just couldn't bring myself to listen to the rest of the album.

(shudders involuntarily)

Okay, this turned into more of a "what am I not listening to" post.