October 16, 201213 yr comment_540295 ^^ thank you NPR http://www.npr.org/2012/10/14/162733588/first-listen-bat-for-lashes-the-haunted-man Report
October 17, 201213 yr comment_540474 Steve Hogarth & Richard Barbieri, Not the Weapon but the Hand -- weird, minimalistic, sparse, moody album. Steve sounds like he can barely sing quietly enough, against Richard's backdrop (there really is no other word for it -- soundscapes sounds too attention-whorey) of music. I'm actually quite liking it, probably because I'm in my darkened office with headphones on, with a comedown from a post-spicy-meal high going on. My rating, on a scale of one to infinity: 8| (dilated pupils) Report
October 17, 201213 yr comment_540502 jeff lynne - 2012 - long wave good but not great - but just happy to have Jeff to listen to. Report
October 17, 201213 yr comment_540511 ^^ Will queue up. Seems like I need to actively cyberstalk you, your tastes seem to parallel mine. Me: Aeon Zen, The Face of the Unknown -- proggy prog. Report
October 19, 201213 yr comment_540844 Caravan Palace -- French, glitchy, retro electro. RIYL The Real Tuesday Weld, the background music to the Gentleman Rhymer Very upbeat, great fun, makes me happy, makes me dance. Makes me throw my back out, ackshully. Report
October 19, 201213 yr comment_540855 Bat For Lashes - Haunted Man Thanks for posting this. Hadn't heard of them before. This album is brilliant! Report
October 20, 201213 yr comment_540973 jeff lynne - 2012 - long wave good but not great - but just happy to have Jeff to listen to. Didn't know he had any solo work. Reminiscent of ELO, or something different? Report
October 21, 201213 yr comment_541043 Reminiscent of more recent ELO (e.g., Zoom) and his work with Traveling Wilburys. I.E. less "electronic", no violin flourishes, and a more general Beatles-y-ness to the songwriting. Me: Can't decide, was listening to Stevie Wonder earlier, not sure whether to go back to IAMX...will probably nix all and watch Sherlock. Report
October 21, 201213 yr comment_541164 kings x: out of the silent planet Edited October 21, 201213 yr by aardvark baguette Report
October 22, 201213 yr comment_541240 Was: A Thing called Divine Fits Is: Hot Chip, In Our Heads Should Be: Bruno Mars Just in a poppy/groovy/slightly off-kilter mood Report
October 23, 201213 yr comment_541380 Should Be: Bruno Mars Just in a poppy/groovy/slightly off-kilter moodOkay, I didn't know. There's nothing 'slightly off-kilter' about this, this is as mainstream as it gets. I didn't realize this was the "Marry You" guy. God I hate that song, and I don't even know why. It just ruined the rest of the album for me, I tried to skip it, but I just couldn't bring myself to listen to the rest of the album. (shudders involuntarily) Okay, this turned into more of a "what am I not listening to" post. Report
October 23, 201213 yr comment_541602 Playing sides 3 & 4 now. "...one...two...buckle...mah...shoe..." Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.