What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Emmalee Crane, Formantine, Crux, and "Pretty in Pink" -- great swathes of washy goodness, a la John Foxx's Cathedral Oceans series and Lisa Gerrard's Whale Rider soundtrack; ambienty goodness. "Pretty in Pink" appears to be based on the same chord progression as the Psych Furs tune of the same name, although I didn't put a lot of thought into it, so could be wrong. (I was too busy blissing out.) (After all, that's how I discovered this artist -- I had searched on Pretty in Pink and played some of the versions, hoping for a cool cover.)

Got home, switched to The Puppini Sisters -- this is wonderful. They do old-style retro multi-part harmonies along the lines of Mary Ford (they even cover Mr. Sandman), sometimes accompanied by ukelele and apply it to old standards, new covers, and originals ("I Can't Believe I'm Not A Millionaire", "I Will Survive", "It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing" [they do the whole thing, including the slow part] and "Crazy In Love (Real Tuesday Weld remix)" are all superb).

some was on an ipod at the office, but in general yeah.

I haven't even got to jazz or classical yet, I've been enjoying lots of rock on the (new to me) LCD2 with the pinnacle. Zero buyers remorse whatsoever. There is a growing voice in the back of my head that I need to buy a second one for the office. I'm ignoring it for now, but it scares me sometimes.

Pinnacle + LCD2 + Oingo Boingo = pulsating pop bliss

(squints) Why is it fucsia?

Me: Fear and the Nervous System -- kinda post-metal, lead singer sounds like he's constantly on the verge of howling Nu-Metal style, but he keeps it just barely reigned in. Me likey. RIYL Neurosis, Giant Squid, The Ocean (Collective), et al. There's some really nice clean singing in there, too, not something I would normally associate with the genre.