October 31, 201213 yr comment_543071 They could have at least put it in the "discontinued" section. But you compared it with the Benchmark, so you're using it as a DAC? Report
November 1, 201213 yr comment_543075 Any idea why they discontinued it? A quality $300 pre/pro pretty much has no competition at its price point. EDIT: My guess, if I had to make one, would be that one of the many new multi-channel standards was impossible to update onto it. Report
November 1, 201213 yr comment_543109 Now on a Piazzolla/Tango/Bandoneon kick, starting with Zoe Tiganouria, Tanguera, and probably to be followed by Concierto Para Bandoneon/Tres Tangos, La Camorra: The Solitude of Passionate Provocation, Rough Dancer and the Cyclical Night, and Tango: Zero Hour. Probably well into tomorrow. Report
November 1, 201213 yr comment_543126 That's at work. Now at home: New Wet Kojak (Girls Against Boys side project from the same era). Report
November 1, 201213 yr comment_543168 Yes - Live at Montreux Yeah it should be watching now - but I am at work - so just listening. Report
November 1, 201213 yr comment_543211 Emmalee Crane, Formantine, Crux, and "Pretty in Pink" -- great swathes of washy goodness, a la John Foxx's Cathedral Oceans series and Lisa Gerrard's Whale Rider soundtrack; ambienty goodness. "Pretty in Pink" appears to be based on the same chord progression as the Psych Furs tune of the same name, although I didn't put a lot of thought into it, so could be wrong. (I was too busy blissing out.) (After all, that's how I discovered this artist -- I had searched on Pretty in Pink and played some of the versions, hoping for a cool cover.) Report
November 4, 201213 yr comment_543690 Within Temptation cover Bruno Mars, Gnarls Barkley, Lana Del Rey, Gotye, and Enrique Iglesias...whut? EDIT: Also David Guetta ft. Sia, the Who, and Coldplay. I stand by, "...whut?" link Report
November 4, 201213 yr comment_543712 and Enrique Iglesias Right now - Passion Pit - Gossamer I can't quite get into this group. I think it's the vocals. Report
November 5, 201213 yr comment_543831 Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit Edited November 5, 201213 yr by en480c4 Report
November 7, 201213 yr comment_544226 Mother Mallard's Portable Masterpiece Co. Very Glass-ish. Glass-ian. Glass-esque. Inspired by Philip Glass. Up next: Mouse on Mars, Parastrophics Also a bunch of Ghostly International and Spectral Sound stuff. Report
November 7, 201213 yr comment_544245 Got home, switched to The Puppini Sisters -- this is wonderful. They do old-style retro multi-part harmonies along the lines of Mary Ford (they even cover Mr. Sandman), sometimes accompanied by ukelele and apply it to old standards, new covers, and originals ("I Can't Believe I'm Not A Millionaire", "I Will Survive", "It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing" [they do the whole thing, including the slow part] and "Crazy In Love (Real Tuesday Weld remix)" are all superb). Report
November 8, 201213 yr Author comment_544460 Are you enjoying the Pinnacle and other recent purchases? You've been posting here more than usual, so it might be evidence of happiness. Report
November 8, 201213 yr comment_544463 some was on an ipod at the office, but in general yeah. I haven't even got to jazz or classical yet, I've been enjoying lots of rock on the (new to me) LCD2 with the pinnacle. Zero buyers remorse whatsoever. There is a growing voice in the back of my head that I need to buy a second one for the office. I'm ignoring it for now, but it scares me sometimes. Pinnacle + LCD2 + Oingo Boingo = pulsating pop bliss Report
November 8, 201213 yr comment_544517 (squints) Why is it fucsia? Me: Fear and the Nervous System -- kinda post-metal, lead singer sounds like he's constantly on the verge of howling Nu-Metal style, but he keeps it just barely reigned in. Me likey. RIYL Neurosis, Giant Squid, The Ocean (Collective), et al. There's some really nice clean singing in there, too, not something I would normally associate with the genre. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.