October 12, 201213 yr comment_539740 Preparing to see the show at the Greek tonight... Amon Tobin — ISAM Report
October 13, 201213 yr comment_539818 Jethro Tull, Broadsword and the Beast -- easily my favourite of the post-chaotic-upheaval albums (although A has a special place because ( a ) Eddie Jobson, and ( b ) it's so hated by so many other Jethro Tull fans, and ( c ) I really like it and still do). Report
October 13, 201213 yr comment_539876 The album laid next to my CD-player for the past weeks. Today I'm finally giving it a spin and it sounds quite good through the K500. In short: I'm smitten... Report
October 13, 201213 yr comment_539909 In The Wee Small Hours Capital 33 Reissue X-something Edited October 13, 201213 yr by blessingx Report
October 14, 201213 yr comment_539971 In car -- Unexpect, Fables of the Sleepless Empire -- just what you'd expect from unExpect -- over-caffeinated barely reigned-in chaos. More changes per capita than any other band I know, and they have like 6 members. At home/Spotify -- Pineapple Thief -- just letting it go, in whatever order Spotify feels like. Right now that's "What Have We Sown?" from What We Have Sown. Report
October 14, 201213 yr comment_540024 Been away from the turntable for far too long in the middle of a sunday am session of recent music matters 45 rpms cuts Herbei Hancock - Empyrean Isles and Inventions and Dimensions Grant Green - Street of Dreams and talking About spinning now Johnny Griffin - The Congregation (this is a stunner and a surprise sonically) Report
October 14, 201213 yr comment_540025 black sabbath - heaven and hell sacd How's this sound I LOVE this album Report
October 14, 201213 yr comment_540043 Ihrsahn, Eremita -- it's in my GoldBox personal items, so seeing if I want. Will probably not. They also have Baroness, Yellow & Green, which I am definitely getting, Arjen Anthony Lucassen's Lost in the New Real, which I am probably getting, Morse/Portnoy/George's Cover 2 Cover which I have no idea, and Edison's Children's In the Last Waking Moments... which I need to preview. So...bunch of previewing for me today. Report
October 14, 201213 yr comment_540047 How's this sound I LOVE this album I cant remember what the normal disc is like, but the sacd is great. Less grain than the earlier albums. Report
October 14, 201213 yr comment_540051 Finished reading "Space Is The Place" a Sun Ra biography, so I've been on a bit of a Ra kick following the book with his albums. Report
October 16, 201213 yr comment_540278 Was: Edison's Children, In the Last Waking Moments... Is: Nordagust, In the Mist of Morning About to be: The Black Noodle Project, Eleonore Really good day, musically, if one is into this particular genre (music ranging the gamut from metal -- through "spacey" and "proggy" -- to acoustic, largely in minor keys). Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.