Anyone ever re terminate a Cardas Sennheiser cable?

sbelyo

Has anyone ever reterminated a Cardas Sennheiser cable for the HD650?

I'm thinking of buying the Fat Pipe version that HF sells in a 10ft length terminated with 1/4" TRS and then cutting that into a 5ft cable and re-terminating it in a 4 pin XLR. I want to know if the cable is laquered inside and if I have to melt the insulation off of it to solder the wires.

Then I would make an extension cable and 4 pin XLR to 1/4" TRS SE adaptor with the rest

What the heck is so dumb?

Show me a 4 pin xlr cardas sennheiser cable for retail sale and I'll buy it!

I already have the stock cable and I want to try the Cardas cable, is that a crime?

I may buy the cardas sennheiser plugs, but I like the way they terminate that end at the factory

Geez, I guess I'll buy the cable and find out for myself.

One last thing, I don't screw up!

What the heck is so dumb?

The magic cable is magic is the part that is so dumb.

I think you should buy an ALO cable, butcher it in your attempt to make it balanced, then send it back to them, so they can return it to you without fixing it. That's how we get a good thread going here... :indra:

Yeah, that's why you're asking about re-terminating shitty cables and why you think for some reason 5 feet for a headphone cable is long enough.

I'm curious about that as well, if I consider myself a decent DIYer I'd just as much go and buy the cable and do it than wait around for replies to a post. Probably could have been done with the cable by now, actually.

Edited by Nebby

Show me a 4 pin xlr cardas sennheiser cable for retail sale and I'll buy it!
Why does it have to be for retail sale? I just told you that they'd do it, you just have to go into the retail store and ask for it. Here, go to your closest store and ask.

Wait a minute, retail store...retail sale...that actually qualifies!

It's obviously not something that everyone needs, so there's no need to advertise it. It doesn't behoove them to do so, there's no return on advertising small quantity stuff. But they will put together any combination you want. They'll even reterminate your dual Sennheiser 3-pin XLR's to RCA's if you want (which is why I know -- I was going to use a preamp as a headphone amp).