HC/F1 In Austin 11/18/2012

Absorbine_Sr

If I can avoid the results long enough, I much much MUCH prefer the BBC's commentators to SPEED's...I don't need their hokey sound effects or for them to call the drivers “son”...& it always seems they're waiting for one guy to stop droning on so that they can have a turn...

not to mention BBC having pre-race that's actually worth watching...anyways:)...

if you miss Rubens, catch the next IndyCar race...he's struggling a bit getting used to the new car, but he was briefly in 8th...

You might be the only one laugh.png

Exactly, he was good for a laugh, an that's why it's not the same without him.

I did watch some of the Indycars in St. Pete, but I was just left aghast at the way the cars look this season. But at least the sport is generally moving in a better direction than it had been for a long, long time.

Exactly, he was good for a laugh, an that's why it's not the same without him.

I did watch some of the Indycars in St. Pete, but I was just left aghast at the way the cars look this season. But at least the sport is generally moving in a better direction than it had been for a long, long time.

Speaking of people we miss, anyone miss Takuma Sato and that shit BAR engine the poor guy had to use? biggrin.png

I don't recall Button having no where near the bad luck Sato had on that team

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned this meet to Joanne, and the idea of Austin appealed to her, as we haven't been there. Can any locals or others come with ideas / suggestions that make it worth going, for say, a week? Looks like JetBlue does SFO->AUS direct for reasonable $$$. Thanksgiving would likely make it the week prior to avoid the crowds. Thoughts?

Good to see F1 back on BBC

Got an email the other day.. but was just about the ultra premium tickets... you would think that they would start the GA ticket sales soon (get some revenue flow)

I agree. I received an email this week stating that tickets would be on sale in early summer. You'd think they'd be a little more proactive about getting things up for sale. Unless they don't know just how many grandstands they'll have time to build, thus how many tickets to sell. That kind of thing went down in India last year.

I mentioned this meet to Joanne, and the idea of Austin appealed to her, as we haven't been there. Can any locals or others come with ideas / suggestions that make it worth going, for say, a week? Looks like JetBlue does SFO->AUS direct for reasonable $$$. Thanksgiving would likely make it the week prior to avoid the crowds. Thoughts?

There are a multitude of things to do in Austin. I'll try and gather ideas.

I'm not sure Californian's are allowed to spend an entire week in Texas, but I'll look that up too.

Wow,.. another amazing race!

I'll save my detailed comments for a few days while others get a chance to watch it but man,.. this is looking like a season to remember!

Yes sir. This may be a season for the history books. And Austin could stand a good chance of figuring into both championships.

• 2 weeks later...