Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nikongod

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nikongod

  1. Hello Head-case. I would like to build my own website to put on my Resume and show off my fotos and skeematics better than Flickr, and a stack of loose papers on the edge of my desk. I'm not really sure where to start. What I'm looking for: I want the website to be pretty simple No horizontal scrolling, simple/easy to read fonts with high contrasts, basically paper on the internet. A few pages for photography (street, sports) A page for DIY stuff MAYBE a blog I have a domain name in mind, that is not owned yet, so that is good. I know I need to buy it and 1and1.com looks like a good place to do this, but I'm not really sure where to go from there. 1and1 could also be terrible. I am biased towards filling out templates to get the website running, but am fearless (stupid) enough to code from scratch if necessary. HELP!!!!1
  2. I just saw the Smith "Overtake" road helmet... no vent channels inside the helmet. Getting POC Octal with MIPS. Because head-case.
  3. I just ordered a Caran D'ache 849 pen. I will tell you all all about it when it comes. The pen I bought 3 weeks ago is working out just fine. Because Head-Case. Edited: The Fisher refill I have now does take about an inch of writing to get "up to speed" and writing at full darkness if it has not been used for more than about 20min, but it requires very little downforce. Once it is writing properly it just keeeeeps on going. Still no skipping & quite smooth considering its utilitarian origins.
  4. Happy Birthday Steve!
  5. One of my photo buddies passed away last year on October 23, and I miss him greatly. I really liked how he could look at just about any photo, accurately guess what the photographer was going for (not always easy for me...) and offer something constructive to improve it or just say its awesome. Check out his Flickr Stream here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobjagendorf/ Anyways, I was out shooting this weekend and I thought he would have liked this.... Masts by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr Edited: Does anyone know of a GoPro mount that goes DIRECTLY from the gopro waterproof case to an Arca-swiss style plate? I found a few that use the quick-release GoPro foot, but fuck that.
  6. That's cute. I too have found that it is always good to mock someone after asking for help. Although I have not actually heard these headphones, here is what I would assume they sound like, using only the ten-hundred most commonly used words in the English language. These head music boxes are not like other head music boxes. They have 2 song parts for each ear instead of 1 song part for each ear like most other large head music boxes. This was done because 2 is more than 1, without thinking about if you really need 2 song parts. The truth is that you don't. Pretty much all of the other guys build their head music boxes with one song-part for each ear - even the ones everyone says are best. The use of 2 song-parts for each ear may cause some interesting problems. Since one of the song-parts is more far than the other the sound from each may arrive in the ear at different time. This fuck up in the time of each song part causes a not good sound.
  7. Hello and welcome to this little corner of the internet. What can you contribute to this forum in exchange for the information you seek? Don't even tell us. Show us. Post a few drink/food pix/reviews in the appropriate threads. Maybe show us a knife or 2 or 3 that you made. Did you design a circuit you would like to share? Can you maybe help someone else out with their circuit? Perhaps you are very good at casework and would just like to show that off. Perhaps you can do something for the community that we have not even thought that we needed until you showed us! Do that, that would be truly cool.
  8. Happy Birthday Jim!
  9. The Motorola RazrV3 bent when put in your pocket. And that was like 9 years ago.
  10. Wandered around with Jeff on saturday. Met some photo buddies sunday morningish. Wandered uptown and met MORE photo buddies sunday afternoonish! Busy weekend. One for Steve: aR0009221 by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr aR0008948 by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr aR0008950 by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr a_DSC3543 by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr Click through for more.
  11. I'm pretty sure that there are no square MF-digitals at the moment. Since the trend with film was usually to shoot a BIG negative, and crop the best rectangle out of it (bonus round that you never need to turn the camera on its side... with square format), and megapixels cost mega-bucks in this size, I think people shooting big just focused harder on composing in camera, or they shoot it 3 more ways and delete the bad files On that note, it is totally beyond me why cell phones come with rectangular sensors. I'm really not a fan of 1:1 for stills but it is better than vertical video. Someone will make an app to crop it down. The best laid plans and all that.
  12. nikongod replied to kevin gilmore's topic in Do It Yourself
    It's slang. Usually means something very good. Or to make the word good even more so. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cracking
  13. Most of the time I use mine by its self with a Screen protector. I have been considering something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACMAXX-Multi-Coated-LENS-ARMOR-UV-FILTER-for-Ricoh-GR-Digital-Camera-NEW-GR-16MP-/230987384861?pt=Camera_Filters&hash=item35c7ebc81d Which would be nice because I spend way too much time shooting off of my bike. Less specifically to the camera, but gear people consider too silly for a full sized SLR: I am a fan of putting it on a little baby tripod for time lapse or low-light landscape/city-scapes. So I guess that counts.
  14. Happy Birthday Stretch!
  15. Happy Birthday Deepak!
  16. Happy Birthday!
  17. I will explain. Using only the ten hundred most commonly used words in the English language. The computer guy who makes the eye phone saw that someone else made a watch 2 years ago. He decided that since this guy did it with crowd money he could do better by not adding anything except a color picture face. After this he used his name to say that his was better. What is funny is that a third guy makes a watch with more things right now!
  18. nikongod replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Miscellaneous
    My father had that same watch. Maybe slightly different face, but same case.
  19. He thinks we are customer service people. We should keep him around. There is no way to be that wrong without doing some sort of performance art project.
  20. Does anyone out there in TV land have any experience with a Fisher AG7 pen? I'm kind of curious to try one, but my last experience with a Fisher pen was kind of blah. At one time (when I had it, apparently) the ink cartridges were very skippy and generally required way too much downforce... OK, so not even an edit... I just left the window open. I bought a Fisher refill from work, and put it into my Zebra F701 (remove the little plastic sleeve in the tip, and its a perfect fit!) and OMFG! Why did I wait so long to try this ink? wow. The old ones were really shitty Writes very smoothly, with very little pressure. So nice!
  21. Gopro Hero3 more or less survived rocket test.
  22. I would be hesitant to give a child any camera with a retractable lens & letting them out of my sight. Dropping on the lens could be realllllly bad. Ricoh WG-4 Nikon Coolpix AW120 Canon Powershot D30 ETC Close enough to everything-proof cameras, with no external moving parts. I really like the idea of kids having cameras, they shoot some cool stuff! That being said, I'm not sue you will ever get it to fly in association with a hospital. For a very inexpensive film camera, with a VERY wide (too wide for a child - it's too easy to take a picture of your finger tips/knuckles, you have to hold the camera by its edges.) check out the "vivitar ultra wide and slim" which now goes by the name: Superheadz (it is sold under several names on amazon, but you can pretty much tell by looking at them). Roll in a day by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr A contact sheet from my superheadz "whole lotta love" camera which is indeed this one. I take way too many pictures of people from behind. Mwahahahahhahahaha evil laugh.
  23. If you only want to go half-assed: Klipsch corner horns. If your room happens to lack the necessary corners for the K-horns you should get LaScala. If your room does not happen to be large enough for the any of the above mentioned speakers, get a larger room.
  24. You didn't know that Tnaig was making Left-hand-drive bikes? It worked so good for Harley Davidson that they thought they would give it a try. As a consumer of fine camera equipment I find great irony in photos of (stoopid expensive) camera lenses either taken with the phone, or with such thin DOF that you cant actually tell which lens it is...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.