Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

grawk

Administrators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by grawk

  1. Signed limited The Shadow of the Wind, by Stephen King, who knows when it'll be published, but for $50 for a signed stephen king, I can wait.
  2. So in other words, by your definition, anything made by an individual can't be high end, regardless of how it looks or how it performs. Got it. You're a blowhard windbag. The rest of us will continue to discuss things using definitions we prefer. Because in the end, sound is what matters. Not what you want to brag to your friends about. Because honestly, I don't tell people what I spend on audio gear, not because they won't appreciate it, but because my finances are my business. And everyone who's ever listened to my gear, be it the ugly ass mpx3 toaster I used to have (commercial product, ugly ass, high end), or the great looking and sounding tooleaudio balanced mosfet amplifier (built by colin, so effectively DIY, m3, certainly noncommercial, high end), or my veda audio dynahi...and with my hp1s, rs1s, hhf1s (diyish again), ps3000s (again, diyish), or grado 225s...they've always been nothing less than blown away. Because of how it looks? No, because it sounds better than they'd experienced before. High end in my book is synonymous with "a darn sight better than the typical person will ever experience". And I could care less if any of it ever had a brand name or bling to make other people approve.
  3. grawk replied to Chekhonte's topic in TV
    Just finished it, good call
  4. [me=grawk]pulls out his irony bat.[/me]
  5. Congrats James! Just remember, stop at 2. Any more and you're outnumbered. Says the man with 4...
  6. No, at no point did you say my main point: if it's better, it's high end, if it's not, it's not. Who gives a shit what people who spend stupid money on shit say, or people who shop at best buy think. This isn't ipod weekly. This is a discussion forum where we actually care about getting good results.
  7. People on college campuses think daft things
  8. Funny thing is, who gives a shit what the general public thinks?
  9. Your head is completely inside your colon. If it's better, it's high end, if it's not, it's not. If someone hand builds a car, and it wins, who gives a shit what the wankers with expensive frames call it?
  10. My v1 open darths were a big step up over stock. Amping them is a requirement, tho. You need power to control the bass. They were better than 501s by far, for example.
  11. good chance.
  12. I'd guess it's because he doesn't have an amp that can power them.
  13. Ok, I'll police it per the other admin's suggestion mock newbies to submission.
  14. Then turn it back on. If we can't sell used crap to newbies, who do we sell the stuff no one likes to?
  15. you should be able to read the fs forum
  16. I'll give you a hd580 w/ oracle cable, 4pin for your ed9s
  17. I'd think DIY is the most likely to be high end. Not sure why it'd be excluded.
  18. Alternate feedback thread: dude! Watch Dodge Ball! He's trustworthy, word!?
  19. I'll summarize: nate does good work, but overcharges for shipping.
  20. Oh, no, I definitely have favorites
  21. Whenever I go to canada, I want to play monopoly.
  22. Nope, no hugs needed. I'm generally happy and friendly, considering how much I hate people

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.