Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voltron

  1. I got you Three Floyds for your birthday! Pretty Boy, Pink, and . . . the Barber! Have a great birthday Mike. I, too, will hoist a few in your honor tonight! Cheers!
  2. Stagg, Redbreast and Saz 18. You folks aren't slumming it tonight! I am having a Gin Buck with North Shore No. 6, Fentiman's ginger beer and juice of half of a lemon. Tasty and sharp. Not quite as sweet and hot as the Stagghattan but interesting in its own right.
  3. Ooh, I wish you could do ours for the bathroom. We have gone back and forth yea and nay on poured concrete but I think it would be very cool. If cooler with Dr. Wood love in it (yes, I assume you jizz in the mix just to personalize it).
  4. Good point. We'll have to make sure and pound the same thought into their heads more directly then.
  5. Hey, that's what I do most of the time these days!
  6. White Lies -- Ritual
  7. @ Fitz. This is the other thing that crossed my mind:
  8. Gotta try 'em out.
  9. Homemade Napalm
  10. Saw a martini-style cocktail called the Gloom Lifter, Shelly. Coming right up! Meanwhile, I just poured a little Pappy 19yo over an ice cube and I intend to drink it shortly.
  11. San Martin Cocktail 3 parts dry gin (1.5+ oz Blackwoods finishing the bottle) 3 parts Italian vermouth (1.5 oz Punt y Mes) 1 part yellow Chartreuse (.5 oz) Stir and squeeze a lemon peel on top. Tasty, not dissimilar from the Guards, but more subtle and complex while less bitter.
  12. Yay Todd!
  13. Guards Cocktail from the Jimmy Late of Ciro's 1930 bar book 1 oz Dry Gin (Blackwoods) 2 oz Italian vermouth (Punt y Mes) 2 dashes Curacao Stirred and strained over new ice even though it is probably meant to drunk up. Tasty with the bitter Punt y Mes. Kind of Negroni-like.
  14. Either Dolin Dry or Noilly Prat Dry. Vya might be a bit much for it.
  15. I'm in, and would appreciate suggestions for the best "weekend bag" choice.
  16. Just paid Min, so I guess that I can say I bought this now. AD1 Balancing Act, which will be the preamp in my Moth/EC setup in Mayberry. Oh, and I can skip the search for the Moth switchbox now. Mike, Boodles is one of my favorite martini gins. So smoooove.
  17. Don't forget Chicago deep dish pizza, Thai at the temple, those donuts in Kure Beach, and Alaskan tacos!
  18. Gregg Allman -- Low Country Blues
  19. I did enjoy it, but the Golden Dog is way more interesting. I should have noted that I used the Pappy 19yo instead of BT as the recipe specified. So sorry that your time is too tight for cocktails, and hope your ice and time woes end soon!
  20. North Garden cocktail also from Regan's Cocktailian column this week in SFGate 1/4 ounce of Laphroaig (Lagavulin 18) 1 1/2 ounces of applejack 3/4 ounce of Buffalo Trace bourbon dash of Angostura bitters teaspoon of a demerara sugar syrup that (2 parts sugar to 1 part water Stir and enjoy.
  21. I almost said that I bet the beer list could make it worthwhile given the psuedo cocktails made with beer, but I was in mood. Now correcting that mood with a scotch whisky cocktail: Golden Dog 1.5 oz Talisker (Lagavulin 18) .5 oz Benedictine .5 oz Lillet Blanc .5 oz R&W Apricot liqueur Shake (stir) well and serve in a chilled cocktail glass. Smoky, complex and quite nice. Claire took a sip and practically spat it out saying that it was like drinking Liquid Smoke. I disagree.
  22. Voltron replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    Neko-Case dogs ftw!
  23. I recommend leaving and finding an actual bar.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.