Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voltron

  1. That flight wasn't fun at times, but it wasn't exactly death-defying. I did, however, just miss getting clocked on the head by my own laptop. I had taken my laptop out of my briefcase and left it in the overhead because I couldn't fit it anywhere by me seat, and then fell asleep after take-off. The flight attendant opened the bin directly over my head and it flew out and hit her arm and crashed to the ground. I slept through it all, but she told me much later when I took it down to use it. It worked fine, the Dell POS. As for Claire's job situation, thanks for the kind remarks. She is really bummed out and doesn't know how many times the ground will shift before Fall. There is only one open teaching job in her field open in the whole Bay Area. And Shelly, she is a Ph.D. and was formerly a professor, but she teaches high school now and prefers it. I do hope something works out because this is getting depressing.
  2. In honor of your birthday, I have bumped off one of the taller Mexicans, so you are now the 7th Tallest Mexican! Cheers!
  3. Luckily, the plane landed safely but I crashed hard as soon as I got home. Now dealing with the dog's never-ending foxtail in the foot injury, and going to a wedding tonight that will be a trip. Second marriage for both of them, and one is an artist and one is a composer of modern operas. Should be quite the spectacle.
  4. Happy birthday fellas! Cheers
  5. I'd like to contribute so let me figure out how and you won't be short anymore. Nice job, everyone!
  6. Nope, I can sue people without an iPad just fine.
  7. Voltron replied to Cankin's topic in Headphones
    I think you will have another good Grado CS experience. I have found them to be very reasonable and helpful in my dealings with them. Good luck Posty.
  8. Orpheum next week, Nate. Dew eet!
  9. You and me both.
  10. There should be biscuit eating pictures in this thread by now. Dinny is letting us all down. I just remembered that I really like bread and butter pickle chips and want some bad after reading Telly's post. Making due with chocolate chip cookies the flight attendant just brought by.
  11. I wished again that I could have bought one the other night but the damn flagship store in NYC didn't even have any. The case I bought last week is waiting for me in my office but I don't own the iPad to go in it yet.
  12. That sucks, Mike. I hope he bounces back and stays healthy but you're a mensch for offering to help. Stephen, I am proud of you, man. I thought you might crack having a baby daughter and now you have a house too! You are really growing up. I wish you and your family many happy and healthy years in your home. I am finally flying back to Cali after a hell of a week in the Big Apple. I averaged about 4 hours of sleep a night between work and jet lag, and had a cough that interrupted what little sleep I was getting. Glad to be going home but know that my wife's ever-shrinking teaching job will be a focus of the evening. I feel so bad that she is getting caught in the screwed up California budget drama. As of today, she only has 2 classes for next Fall out of a normal load of 4-5. One of those is something she hasn't taught so it involves a whole new prep (lots of work). The drama and politics are sill shifting and unresolved so who knows. BTW, we are having a lot of heavy turbulence right now, so if Virgin American flt 25 goes down, JP, Mike or Gene need to tell Claire I was thinking about her...
  13. Had a marathon deposition in NY from 9:30am to 8:00, but then met VPI, The Monkey and cetoole for dinner at Virgil's. Good times and I was only half am hour late. Now finishing off the mini bar.
  14. I like the look of the thief bag. A lot. Details, Dinny, details.
  15. Milt Jackson & John Coltrane -- Bags & Trane
  16. Have a great one Chris! Cheers!
  17. Voltron replied to Duggeh's topic in Meets
    Extending another night is certainly a worthy endeavor. I am going to stay sunday night but I am leaving early on Monday. Somebody can get you to the train station.
  18. Voltron replied to Duggeh's topic in Meets
    Indeed!
  19. Voltron replied to Duggeh's topic in Meets
  20. Voltron replied to Duggeh's topic in Meets
    Why can't you arrive Friday night and return Sunday night? Not as ideal, but come on, it's a once in a lifetime drinking/smoking/listening/drinking/baking and drinking opportunity! 48 hours is all we ask. And I have been working much and Head-Casing little, but thrice and NightWoundsTime both have to reassess as well. Disturbing trend here, people, disturbing trend.
  21. Agreed. The sisters' vocals sound so much like Joanna Newsome it is a little scary. Interesting and fun and mysteriously appealing.
  22. Not that I own and iPad, but I think I would use this more as a case than a bag. i.e. no strap. That said, it can't be that heavy so I don't think the strap would be uncomfortable. I made the snap decision to go with the canvas one. Maybe I should change to leather. Maybe I should buy an iPad first.
  23. But which is better?
  24. CocoRosie -- Grey Oceans
  25. Same, and same. Me too. Quite liked it even though I was working and distracted much of the time. Note that I wasn't stalking Stretch [this time] but had checked these out today independently.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.