Everything posted by Voltron
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Got that too. Is it good?
-
What are you listening to Part Two
1968 baby!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Before: Devo -- Fresh Blue vinyl 12" single [These two songs have me psyched for their new album] Buddy Guy -- A Man and the Blues 180g Vinyl reissue in honor of Vanguard Records' 60th Anniversary Fuckin' A right, Buddy, sometimes I do feel like drinkin' me some gasoline and strikin' me a match and blowin' me up in steam.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
QFT. I had read about it so I had more of a clue, but it was still a bit disconcerting. QFMFT. I just missed being able to meat her today because she was signing records at Amoeba a little while before I went over there. Was: Jeff Beck -- Emotion and Commotion Vinyl. Very odd record with strings and Over the Rainbow and Joss Stone and some classic JB licks all mixed together, with lots of shmaltz on top. Probably could have skipped this purchase. Is: Joanna Newsome -- Have One On Me Vinyl (3 records). I like it so far although there are numerous vinyl flaws and I will have to exchange it and hope I get a better one. And speaking of putting the love in, the record sleeves all have kind of boudoir photos that really got my attention fast.
-
Record Store Day 2010
I'll take those Judas records off your hands, Mike, if they make you feel bad. 13 records, 8 CDs, 1 used box set of Simpsons season 20 (for my son), a few songs of the free concert by Jonsi (Sigur Ros lead singer/guitarist), and hundreds of people later, I have survived RSD '10. Amoeba was swamped and the concert was going when we got there so it was jammed with people just standing and listening and not shopping, or getting out of my way so I could. It was fun hunting around for the in-store specials. No Lennon single bag for me, but I did get the last copies of each of the Joe Strummer records so that was excellent. I'll post the list in awhile. Still unwrapping and have listened to a couple things so far. Good times, but I just realized I am way overdue for a cocktail.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
You are on a nice run there Stretch.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Inspired by the upcoming Record Store Day vinyl issue: Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros -- Global A Go Go
-
slow forum
It would be even cooler if it were actually Raul Julia with squid tentacles instead of legs
-
Post the last thing you bought!
I liked the way the words sound.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Vanilla bean infused belgian quad sounds neat.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Must have news of your impressions, experiences, and burn-in diary as soon as available!
-
Ye Macce Threade
Damn! Dinny needs to get a new MBP just for this reason alone!
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Fanfuckingtastic whisky choices there, Stretch!
-
Record Store Day 2010
Hope Stretch is paying attention: Hellcat Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros Global A Go-Go reissue, 1st time on vinyl 12" vinyl 1200 Hellcat Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros Streetcore reiuuse, 1st time on vinyl 12" vinyl 1200 This Saturday, baby!
-
Record Store Day 2010
I've gone out for RSD a few times. It depends on the store whether it feels just like any other day at the record store, but sometimes it is fun. Thanks for the list, Matt, there are a few things to scope out on there.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Gotta hear that one! Now: J
-
What did you do today?
Congrats Beefy.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
sweet!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Talk Talk -- Colour Of Spring
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Ray Brown -- Something for Lester
-
What did you do today?
You deserve a couple [more] beers for that effort!
-
Apple Tablet
Right now, I cannot use the iPad with Citrix because my firm has not yet installed some new Citrix Gateway hardware and it will be a few months. We are typically a ways behind the tech curve. I may wait it out. Who knows.
-
Apple Tablet
I have to admit to thinking about a Macbook Air instead of an iPad for travel and such. It's only 3 pounds and the iPad is 1.5 without a keyboard/case/etc. The only people I know that have the damn things absolutely love them.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Local Natives -- Gorilla Manor
-
Post the last thing you bought!
These, from Master tkam: Just too beautiful to let pass. Gotta sell the ones I own. Anybody want a pair of HP-2s with a SAA Equinox cable?