Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voltron

  1. That ad is rough, but the seller is gold. He is a good guy who buys and sells top gear and maintains it in pristine condition. I bought something from him years ago and talked to him recently when he had a Doshi/ATC setup similar to what I now have.
  2. Radar Brothers -- The Illustrated [Cap] Garden
  3. I liked the first one better in comparison, but both seem to have the same throw-back pop style. Entertaining but not particularly compelling as music.
  4. She & Him -- Vol. 2
  5. The customs will cause far less to no irritation at all. Foamie tips are irritating but these things are like having nothing in your ears.
  6. Mmmmmmm, jitter elimination.
  7. Voltron replied to Thaddy's topic in Music
    Wilco plus a jazz show on a monday night? What a wild man!
  8. No sensitivity.
  9. D'oh! The Mill Nazi strikes again!
  10. The demos almost look like customs from the back and have the same cable entry, but the business end is more of a tube like on the Shures, as Mike mentioned. I have pasted some pics of a meet where we had the demo kit and you can see some victims trying them out. The trick of getting them in right is to push the foamie all the way onto the stem and then squish it back so that you can see the end of the stem again. Put it in your ear and let the foamie expand. If you leave the foamie down on the end of the stem like with normal universal IEMs, you will not get a true sense of the sound. The foamie needs to be back from the tip. Enjoy. I ended up buying them, as did Grahame and some others, after that meet pictured below.
  11. Less time to "mill" around?
  12. So, did you listen all night as anticipated, KG? How does the sound compare to the Stax T2 or to the BH/BHSE? Pedestrian questions, but I am curious and now wish I had bought Birgir's T2 so I could have heard it before flipping it. Hmm, dual mono power supplies does sound cool...
  13. I meant the part about appreciating the education, Knuckles. I also liked the clip.
  14. I appreciate the education, although I do know what Left Coast and Breaks mean. I might be old but I ain't ignant.
  15. Voltron replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    Indeed, they're bending over backwards for our entertainment. Freakish, really.
  16. Is that damning with faint praise or does that category just seem more expansive to you than most of the world?
  17. Dungen -- Ta Det Lugnt
  18. Voltron replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Off Topic
    You can also show the barista the coupon on your mobile device, don't forget. I have seen the lines at B&J free cone day and they are ridiculous.
  19. AND . . . Friggin awesome. What's it sound like!?
  20. Voltron replied to mobayrasta's topic in Off Topic
    I had forgotten about the CJ give-away. A separate thread would be fine. I like jazz, 80's rock and classic rock in that order. Don't need any more classical vinyl because we have boxes of my late father-in-law's and it is such a PITA to play anything because of all the record flipping.
  21. Let's be more precise. It's actually a jitter elimination whatchmacallit.
  22. Voltron replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    That's where you are wrong.
  23. Voltron replied to mobayrasta's topic in Off Topic
    No shit, Mr. "I was a scared noob once too, and now I like it here because everyone is so nice now that Rainbow Brite is the site admin, and no shovels have..." THWACK! You better buy me a beer at CJ10 or I will taunt you a second time!
  24. Looking at the pic on my shitty Dell monitor, I thought that was the molten engine flowing onto the street!
  25. Voltron replied to mobayrasta's topic in Off Topic
    This guy claims to live in a jungle and be a multi-instrumentalist Dr. Doolittle with a tricked out SoundBlaster for a source, and everybody is just playing nice-nice and not calling him out on any of this shit? What the fuck is wrong with Head-Case these days?! Lost its edge, apparently. Just kidding, actually. Welcome to the 'Case, but pics of the Manx and coon playing with your kids or you're banned!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.