Voltron
High Rollers
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: RIP someone or another
Everything posted by Voltron
-
Tour de France
These is a really great TDF so far! Not sure Lance is speaking to Contador at the moment, but tomorrow is going to be killer on Tourmalet. I wish it was ending at the top but oh well.
-
What did you do today?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o76WQzVJ434]YouTube - HELP HELP I'M BEING REPRESSED[/ame]
-
JH Audio stuffs
Just to get from your bed down the hall to your home office?
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Dennis Wilson -- Pacific Ocean Blue (remastered vinyl at 24/176.4 while I needledrop it )
-
Your recent music purchases
Used Vinyl: Serge Chaloff -- Blue Serge (Japanese Mono) Shirley Scott & Clark Terry -- Soul Duo Gabor Szabo -- The Best of Gabor Szabo Jaco Pastorius -- Word of Mouth New Vinyl: Red Rodney Quintet -- Modern Music from Chicago (Vintage Sealed OJC) Sonny Rollins Quintet with Kenny Dorham and Max Roach -- Rollins Plays for Bird (Vintage Sealed OJC) New CDs: Elvis Costello -- Secret, Profane and Sugarcane Regina Spektor -- Far Christian McBride -- Kind of Brown Wilco -- Wilco (The Album) Depeche Mode -- Sounds of the Universe Bob Mould -- Life and Times The Anthony Wilson Trio -- Jack of Hearts
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Me too on all counts. I was listening today on the Amarra setup and I thought my speakers were dying but confirmed on headphones that there are some weird distortions on the low notes in Ugly Face and Little Angel especially. Interesting that those had not stood out before.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Nina Nastasia -- The Blackened Air
-
I have a good headphone and source but...
= Humor
-
What did you do today?
While I was sitting in the Castro Theater watching The Gaucho on the opening night of the SF Silent Film Festival, my iPhone buzzed with a call from my nephew. I didn't answer because the film is silent after all, and it was at the climax. He then texted me to say that Jonathan Sanchez, who was pitching for the Giants in place of the injured Randy Johnson, had a perfect game into the 8th inning. He texted again that an error later in the 8th blew the perfect game, but the no-walks/no-hitter was intact. The movie ended and I turned on the game as soon as we got to the car. The first out was recorded in the 9th, and the first play we heard was Aaron Rowand leaping onto the center field fence to make a spectacular catch to save a hit. Sanchez then struck out the last man looking to complete the no-no. First time in 33 years that a Giants pitcher achieved that feat, and if it weren't for a misplayed grounder (apparently a tough play) at third he would have been perfect. Cool stuff made all the more poignant by the fact that Sanchez has had a tough year in which he lost his 5th starter spot due to being erratic, and because his father, a former pitcher in Puerto Rico had decided to come to SF from PR the day before to his son start in the big leagues for the very first time. Hollywood couldn't write it any better.
-
JH Audio stuffs
Not yet. No decisions made.
-
Audio Technica ATH-A2000X
Interesting, Shelley. Looking forward to your ongoing impressions.
-
JH Audio stuffs
- Luxman P1u
I read it quickly and then the blurry, Grado-like photo almost seems to say "headphone output" on the back. Loop makes the most sense.- What are you listening to Part Two
Regina Spektor - Far- Luxman P1u
I like my P1 better from a looks perspective. I also don't understand the headphone output from RCA jacks on the back.- Grado HF-2 thread
Call Todd and ask him. He is very easy to deal with and would probably be able to hold your delivery for a week.- Post the last thing you bought!
Tumi briefcase to replace the one I bought more than 10 years ago.- slow forum
Wait, there aren't any lolcats in that video!- JH Audio stuffs
Those look WAY better Mike. Nice. d-_-b- JH Audio stuffs
Where are the color choices!? I got my impressions done last night and will be joining TEAMCUSTOMIEMFOTM soon!- OPPO BDP-83
I know you do!- OPPO BDP-83
- Tour de France
I record the live coverage show on Versus every day and watch it in the evening or whenever. I am often [relatively] bored by flat stages but these have been amazing. Looking forward to some big action today. Boonen just needs a little toot and he'll be back on form.- Liquor from Scotland - Gin!
Hendricks in both of my freezers atm. I guess I should try Blackwoods, but Junipero is still my favorite all time.- Grado HF-2 thread
Damn, I didn't have enough time to call him a cunt, straight up. I never used that word in high school, but it works for me now. - Luxman P1u
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.