Dynahi vs...

Shahrose

There is more to it than that and the exact choice in output devices matters here plus the topology of the amps. Now if we talking about electrostatic amps then the fets would be a bad idea of biblical proportions. BJT's are much better suited to this role.

• 2 years later...

I don't see anything wrong with his post nor shilling for any products, he might've come out a bit direct and harsh, it's just his opinion and that is all, take it however you like. It's not like he criticize the GSXMK2 for being a POS because he didn't like it paired with the HD800. He did state it's advantages with other headphones that are not bright ended sounding. But I would disagree that the MSB Analog is an analogue sounding DAC, ime far from what I'd call close to analogue sounding but that's me.

This actually brings back memories to threads I've read years back on the other site before I registered when people use to claim the b22 + HD800 was one of the best pairings you can go, fast forward a few years when I purchased a passive build and later built 5 b22 (up to date) balanced, passive and active boards, with the HD800's modded or not I'm surprised I still have my ears. b22 does sound wonderful with laid back sounding headphones that need to wake up.

I really do want to hear a GSX MK2 something I've wanted for it to go with my LCD's, alas no money.

Edited by DefQon

I don't see anything wrong with his post nor shilling for any products, he might've come out a bit direct and harsh, it's just his opinion and that is all, take it however you like. It's not like he criticize the GSXMK2 for being a POS because he didn't like it paired with the HD800. He did state it's advantages with other headphones that are not bright ended sounding. But I would disagree that the MSB Analog is an analogue sounding DAC, ime far from what I'd call close to analogue sounding but that's me.

This actually brings back memories to threads I've read years back on the other site before I registered when people use to claim the b22 + HD800 was one of the best pairings you can go, fast forward a few years when I purchased a passive build and later built 5 b22 (up to date) balanced, passive and active boards, with the HD800's modded or not I'm surprised I still have my ears. b22 does sound wonderful with laid back sounding headphones that need to wake up.

I really do want to hear a GSX MK2 something I've wanted for it to go with my LCD's, alas no money.

He is a bass head and just dislike the sound of the HD800.  I happen to love the HD800+GS-X MKII and didn't find anything wrong with the pair.  Others who have auditioned the HD800 + GS-X MKII all love the sound.

So a notoriously bright-ish headphone sounds bright off a highly transparent amplifier?  What an utter shocker we have there...  :palm:  I do like the comment that the amp somehow makes the source sound non-analog.  How the fuck is that possible?  I guess these fucktards are confusing analog and lush as no MSB source I've ever heard sounds lush.  A bit on the dry and sterile side would be closer to the mark but that's what one expects from something as ruthlessly revealing. 

Some people hate the HD800? What else is new... I can't imagine liking it on a bright amp like the Beta22, especially as it highlights any kind of nasty if it is present on the recording. As for the LCD-2 (whatever rev.) it is the polar opposite of HD800. The bassy signature is very likeable, yet I find it too boring.

As for the GSX2, if it is anything like the Dynalo I built, it should be good, but not the best. A Beta22 bested my amp for resolution, but the signature was too bright for me.

So a notoriously bright-ish headphone sounds bright off a highly transparent amplifier?  What an utter shocker we have there...  :palm:  I do like the comment that the amp somehow makes the source sound non-analog.  How the fuck is that possible?  I guess these fucktards are confusing analog and lush as no MSB source I've ever heard sounds lush.  A bit on the dry and sterile side would be closer to the mark but that's what one expects from something as ruthlessly revealing. 

Is it just me, or does anyone find his timing a little too coincidental with the new LAu run just announced? 

I think nobody cares about EC anymore so Cavalli has to be their new champion.  I mean the Lau is a piece of shit which will proven soon enough when I buy one for Kevin to rip apart.  To people who know fuck all about circuits or amplifiers in general it must be a godsend though as it hides how crappy the rest of the system is and it costs a lot.  The latter is especially important to further back up the illusion that it isn't actually terrible. 

Is there a reason why EC isn't as popular anymore? I've been out of the loop for a few years now, mainly only interested in DIY stuff anyway.

Anyone want to be the guinea pig and build a headphone amp version of DynaFET, with the first two stages from the Multi Amp or original Dynalo followed by diamond buffers into a single pair of output FETs?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...