RMAF 2012--October 12-14--Denver, CO

The Monkey

Hyatt Regency Tech Center. About a 5 minute walk away from the show. Stayed there last time and it was fine. Follow the links at the RMAF website and it should take you to the discounted res page.

I'll be at the Convention Center Hyatt downtown Thur-Sun but will definitely be coming down at least Friday.

That would be a shame if Bluto cancelled sad.png

Bluto's got frequent flyer miles to cover half the plane fare, but he's not 100% sure that he is off that weekend yet. Although he moved to DC earlier this year he comes back to Colorado 3-4x a year for his work, and this would be an extra trip that he may not be able to combine with work.

The Marriott gives me the same room every year facing the courtyard, which has 2 doubles and an armchair, but no couch for an extra visitor to sleep on. So, I'm trying to find out as quick as he can let me know whether his spot is available for someone else or not. My son gave up his spot to go on a Boy Scout trip to the sand dunes. I'm pretty sure my wife is either going with the scouts or staying home with our daughter.

If someone really needs a place to crash, there is always the option of a sleeping bag on the floor. I can supply inflatable sleep pad and bag.

• 3 weeks later...

If any of you guys have the time, I'd be really interested in any brief impressions on the Teresonic Ingeniums (room 442 atrium).

I may end up getting these and the FirstWatt SIT1 monos. I'm looking for a reason not to go after the Voxativ, and these are half the price.

Edited by aardvark baguette

Well as in typical fashion the Army giveth and taketh away. My friend who was supposed to go with me now can't go (most likely) and I need to figure out what to do. I have tickets for GABF on Thursday night and Saturday afternoon. I also have hotel reservations at the Hyatt from Thursday-Sunday. If anyone is interest in a ticket (and hanging with me while we drink beer) and sharing a hotel room (when I'm drunk after drinking said beer) let me know.

Fuck.

Edited by naamanf

Jumping on the bike at about 10 this AM. Decided to make a two day trip out of it as it's so damned cold in the morning and it's a 12 hour ride minimum. The good news? Electrically heated Gerbings jacket FTMFW!!!

The really nice thing is that having this much time will let me get off the slab and take some back roads through Wyoming. I'll overnight in Riverton WY most likely. Then blaze into Denver Thursday, hopefully to arrive in time to take some pix of set-up day.

I've mounted an O2 and iRiver IHP140 on the bike and will be testing out some UERM, JH13, and some ACS T1 custom IEMs on the trip. Work sucks....not.

Pix of brown likker with Dinny coming soon!

• Like 1

Well as in typical fashion the Army giveth and taketh away. My friend who was supposed to go with me now can't go (most likely) and I need to figure out what to do. I have tickets for GABF on Thursday night and Saturday afternoon. I also have hotel reservations at the Hyatt from Thursday-Sunday. If anyone is interest in a ticket (and hanging with me while we drink beer) and sharing a hotel room (when I'm drunk after drinking said beer) let me know.

Fuck.

Fuck.

If I weren't stuck in an office in LA, I'd be there for ya.

One of the many reasons I'm envious of you.

Jumping on the bike at about 10 this AM. Decided to make a two day trip out of it as it's so damned cold in the morning and it's a 12 hour ride minimum. The good news? Electrically heated Gerbings jacket FTMFW!!!

The really nice thing is that having this much time will let me get off the slab and take some back roads through Wyoming. I'll overnight in Riverton WY most likely. Then blaze into Denver Thursday, hopefully to arrive in time to take some pix of set-up day.

I've mounted an O2 and iRiver IHP140 on the bike and will be testing out some UERM, JH13, and some ACS T1 custom IEMs on the trip. Work sucks....not.

Pix of brown likker with Dinny coming soon!