Blue Hawaii Special Edition

pabbi1

Hey, I'm only a baby, and babies can't type impressions all the time, we have to cry and poop too.

After a couple of hours, I couldn't wait anymore and swapped out the Treasure 6CA7 for a quad of Philips DD-getter EL34. OMG, OMG, OMG!!! These DD-getter tubes sound good! I thought about keeping this secret to myself, and thereby improving my chances of snapping up more of these tubes. I couldn't deceive HC, can I? But I'll certainly not post about this on HF.

I've only tried the Jade and O2mk2 so far. Both sound different and better than matched with my other amps (Aristaeus, ES-1, SRM-T1W). I thought the O2mk2 did pretty well with the ES-1 already, and wasn't expecting much difference. But it has improved in several areas, notably soundstage size and bass quality. I still think it is slightly dark-sounding, though.

Isn't it about time for someone to start a "Let's buy a new audio rack for Elephas!" thread on HF? Donations gladly accepted. The BHSE made a big hole, you know.

So how many butt wiggles have you counted with Rihanna so far? :P

Also: What support discs are you using under the cones there? What power cords & interconnects are you using? Did yours come with those snazzy RCA & XLR jack covers? What tubes do you have on there? (As those don't look like the stock ones.)

Hey, hey, so many questions, I can't think, I'm at butt wriggle number 3426, non-stop!

Discs under the cones are Isoclean.

Al four components use Neotech NEP-1001 silver power cords, DIY (not by me) with Furutech plugs, plugged into an Isotek Sigmas. Power conditioning really works for me, the difference is not subtle.

Crystal Cable Reference XLR interconnect (I also have RCA version).

Haha, no, Justin didn't include the RCA and XLR jack covers. They're Telos Audio caps.

Tubes in the photos are Shuguang Treasure 6CA7. They're OK. I don't think they're worth the high cost in N. America, I got them for a lot less.

Currently using Philips EL34 DD-getter brown-base xf4, either made in Sittard or Brussels in the late 50's or early 60's, these are very good.

I plugged in the HE90. There's something about the HE90 plug outlet on the BHSE, the plug slides in smoother and clicks in and locks more crisply than with the Aristaeus or ES-1.

I'm done. Hey ho, hey ho, away the baby elephant goes, hey ho. I'm finished. There's no need to visit HF or HC anymore, I can delete the bookmarks.

I can sell everything else off. Well, maybe not the ES-1, as it's liable to crapout at anytime. Maybe I'll give it to Justin, he can hang it on his wall like people used to do with the heads of conquered enemies.

Goodbye! I'll check in sometimes to see if anyone has started a fund for a new audio rack for me. Goodbye, everyone!

...so you are saving the best phones for last, Mk1 and SR-Ω? :)

Ohhh and that is the same Fisher socket as the other amps have...

Hahaha, I can't wait for the "Spritzer says the O2mk1 is the best headphone in the world experience" when I plug in the Mk1.

The Stax plug outlet on the BHSE looks the same as the one on the Aristaeus, but it grips tighter. Maybe the plug outlets loosen over time.

Oh, I guess it's obvious I'm still here. Apparently I said goodbye prematurely, and I was also a bit early about the EL34 DD-getter.

Why silver tube rings, you ask?

BHSEwithEL34metal.jpg

Hehe... :D I'm glad though that our baby elephant listened to us and didn't cancel his order. :) Now Justin, where is mine!!! I have a certain heavy lump of Japanese over engineering arriving soon and it needs its cousin to play with. ;)

Hahaha, I can't wait for the "Spritzer says the O2mk1 is the best headphone in the world experience" when I plug in the Mk1.

I've pretty much given up on converting you but a modded Mk2 might be something you like...

The Stax plug outlet on the BHSE looks the same as the one on the Aristaeus, but it grips tighter. Maybe the plug outlets loosen over time

They are the same unless Justin did something to them. They do grip very tightly but I prefer the look of stock Stax plugs. :)

Edited by spritzer