HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

So we just missed it this year but I think the DC/VA/MD crew should aim at maybe doing this event next year http://mocoepic.com/ It's even on mountain bikes and looks like fun.

Yes I am aware I'm talking about a mountain bike ride :eek:

if i stick with it my long term goal is to do the Shenandoah 100, but maybe a metric century is a good place to start

just got a Kinetic Rock N Roll trainer thanks to brent calling me and saying chainlove had a good deal. 2 days later, here it is in the box. havent set it up yet as weekdays i do soccer or yoga. yesterday after soccer, decided to run a 40 yard dash for time, before i'm ancient. ended up with 6.72s..damn, that's slow  :-  imagine the facepalm when i realized i accidentally ran 60 yards. went back and did it again, got 4.81 (hand timed). want to try it fresh and go for a 4.5 

Did a Sufferfest video today (Fight Club) instead of riding outside. It wasn't as bad as I remember riding a training earlier in the year but it's still nowhere close to riding on the road. These videos used to be unbearably difficult but today I was able to complete the whole video without thinking about tapping out at any point. I was also able to hit a much higher heart rate without giving up - I guess that's progress???

Wow I underestimated that Sufferfest video. I rode my usual hilly ride today and my legs felt like lead from the get go. Had to cut down the usual 44 miles to 36 which was smart. I could have used a couple of domestiques today with the wind. Where's Mike and JP when I need them? :)

Thanks everyone, I have to give a lot of credit to Chris for basically pushing me all year on these rides.  Definitely feel a lot better but I still have 40ish to go before I feel I am close to being healthy.

Today's ride was great but the fit on my Calfee is not where I want it yet.  Need another touch up.  

Thanks Chris for inviting us out again and leading us around.  

• Like 1