HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Ouch, hope that heals quickly.

On Saturday I rode Squirt about 85miles. Strava seems to do some funky corner smoothing. Fuckers. 

http://www.strava.com/activities/92859290

I had planned for 100miles (WTF was I thinking?) but (thankfully) the ride out to the farthest part of Jones Beach was basically a highway with no shoulder so I was forced to turn around. At 85miles with about 5miles left to get back to Nechama's place my GPS died and I decided it was a very good time to stop. 

thanks, on the plus side i PRed the trail loop at 23:00, from about 26 before. with all the leaves and a very crowded day of hikers, so that's not too bad. it was reversing the direction and going clockwise that i got hit. according to strava, i was only going about 10mph at the crash and the decline was either -10% or -18%. not sure if the -18% was the bike tipping over or part of the trail. 

You are going to ride the tires off that little bike Ari.  Is it coming to Florida in December?

does it come in tricycle form? if anyone wants to ride tandem in florida let me know  :laugh:  i have to find out if 1 month is enough time for a leisurely road ride

for now, i'm thinking the kinetic rock n roll trainer with no hands -- if that works -- might be the way to go

Edited by justin