HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Small rant... WHEN THE HECK IS A LITTLE SPRING WEATHER GOING TO GET TO THE NORTHEAST?!?!?!?  It's getting tiring to suit up in booties and other sh--- er um I mean cold weather gear just to get out for an hour here and there.   

Got measurements for the Kirk done, raised my saddle on my Gunnar a bit more, made appropriate other adjustments, and all felt great on my ride this afternoon -- finally no weight on my hands unless I want it.  It was really windy, but I felt good.  My ankle has done great the last two weeks.  Now I just have to get my legs back in shape.  Very happy.  Hoping for a wonderful ride tomorrow.

Sorry for the sucky weather for you northern guys.

• Like 1

Got in 2.5 hours this morning in the cold. It was suitably hard and I had leg cramps for the last half hour or so. Also cleared 200lbs this morning

Nice!  I did the same loop as yesterday except is was 10 degrees warmer with 10mph lower winds.  Felt like the first decent riding weather we've had this year.

If only I could get race ready.  I was trying to keep my cadence up over the 85 I managed last time but it wore me out pretty quickly.  Not sure I am going to be up for a long ride for the Tour de Cure at this rate.

High cadence also tends to not fatigue the body quite as much over the length of a ride.  And it is WAY easier on the knees.  Jeff which tour de cure ride are you going to be doing?  I'm signed up with a group of guys from work here in upstate NY for early June.