HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Boo, Sounds to me like you will be dipping into Dave's stash of discontinued original logo decals, the ones with the curving line and circles? Spoke to him a few weeks ago and I know he has a limited supply, so paint color matching would be determined by that to a certain extent. L-u-c-k-e-e-e!

Hey Vicki I found the general time frame with my actual build and paint.  Dave built my frame over a 5 day span and sent it out to Joe Bell on a Friday.  Joe Bell contacted me when the frame got in to his shop.  and it was just about 8 weeks from the time Dave finished the frame and sending it off to paint that it came to my door.  

Thanks.  I was figuring about three months from today, so I'm not far off.

Boo, Sounds to me like you will be dipping into Dave's stash of discontinued original logo decals, the ones with the curving line and circles? Spoke to him a few weeks ago and I know he has a limited supply, so paint color matching would be determined by that to a certain extent. L-u-c-k-e-e-e!

Those are my favs, but I didn't even know they existed.  Here's what I'm talking about.

75319_493435850708387_759714933_n_zpsa22

197354_518613641523941_662555905_n_zps12

I pulled in to a big box on the porch.

20130320_194518.jpg

Gotta open the box

20130320_195109.jpg

Best. Helper. Ever.  Well, he's cute, anyways.

20130320_195222.jpg

Was trying to build before the sun went down... so didn't take pix of the in-between stuff, but when she was done.
20130320_204019.jpg

20130320_204429.jpg

20130320_204454.jpg

20130320_204550.jpg

So, I haven't installed pedals or taken it for a spin yet, but I need to upgrade the Front D, shifters, wheels, saddle, seatpost, stem, bar, brake pads (ok, brakes), Rear D, and paint.  Oh, and crank and chain, oh, and tyres.  The d-_-b way, no?

Of course, I'm busy from 8am-9:30pm tomorrow, and it's raining until Sunday, but I already have a Sunday ride planned with a buddy.  Can't wait to get out there!

**BRENT**

• Like 2

Well you would be the most aero patient in the traction ward. 

Sweet looking ride though, what brand are the wheels? Is that a 28 or a 34 on that rear cluster?  Looks kind of large to me,you live in the flatlands don't you?

Nice Brent! I am jealous. My shoulder is still fucked up (bicep tendonitis) so I can't even properly ride a spinning bike (meaning I can't hold onto the handlebars). What really sucks is that it is not going to get better until I stop teaching for the semester which means I am going to miss all of the nicest weather in Houston for biking, tennis, etc (this started last September just as my hip was getting better). I'm tired of being injured.