RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

Marta-Kirk-star-trek-couples-8207257-640

RIP Yvonne Craig - Batgirl/Barbara Gordon, Star Trek Orion Slave Girl, Elvis opposite in It Happened at the World’s Fair & Kissin’ Cousins and a buncha roles in The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Fantasy Island, The Six Million Dollar Man, Kojak, Land of the Giants, Mod Squad, The Wild Wild West, Emergency!, etc. Thanks for the early fantasies. ;)

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33985709

craig021.jpg

Edited by blessingx

RIP, Yvonne.  Hot and wholesome at the same time.  

Wouldn't know about wholesome...my thoughts were entirely not...I had a weakness for her bigger than Batman's.

I know exactly which episode that batman gif came from.  That was one of my favourite episodes.  I need to have a batman marathon with all the Yvonne catwoman batgirl...I vaguely remember in one of them, they snuck in a dirty joke, but no idea which one, what the joke was, the context, or anything.  Just that I was really surprised they had gotten away with it.

EDIT:  Never mind all of this, I am confusing batgirl with catwoman.  Fuck, I hate getting old.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

I was in Peru last week and had an old-school cocktail (pisco sour...pisco is a South American brandy for those that have not tried it) at a hotel in the Sacred Valley. The use of bitters and nutmeg and the presentation was spectacular.  I expect the rejuvenation of old school bartending spurred by Mr. Petraske influenced that experience.  RIP, sir.  My liver salutes you...

HS

Actually, I don't think the Pisco Sour ever went out of fashion in Peru or Chile, and nutmeg and dashes of bitters on the foam are standard for the drink. The fact that US bartenders make them properly can more accurately be traced back to Petraske and his influences.

Yes...I lived in South America four years.  Agree with your points but I obviously didn't make mine well.  It was the execution by the bartender in question.  It was a superb cocktail...not my first one.  I imbibe.  There was one other drink I would argue was made with as much love and skill and that was at the Palliser Hotel in Calgary.  A Canadian Old Fashioned made with maple syrup and exeptional Canadian whiskey.  The woman was an artist. 

Cheers

HS

RIP Justin and Bobby.

So sad about Justin....and DAMN if my heart didn't skip a beat thinking about OUR Justin Wilson!

I met Bobby once, what a passionate person he was.  So very enthusiastic, and never stopped trying to get the best out of his speakers.

I wanted to name one of my current pair of cats Merlin, in homage to his company.  Got one of two - Gryphon, but not Merlin.

So I found out this morning that one of my first friends ever passed away. I'm not sure what happened, but it's a bummer. I keep in touch with his brothers but he has had a lot of issues the past ten years or so, and we had lost touch. We wound up catching up just 2-3 weeks ago, and it was nice to hear from him.

Alas. RIP, Joseph.

**BRENT**