RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

Found out Lhasa de Sela died 6 years ago, only found out recently.  For some reason it hits me kind of hard -- saw her live, and she was wonderfully entertaining, telling stories between songs almost like a Storytellers episode.  Plus she has no respect for convention.  This song has an elastic sense of meter:

Former After the Burial guitarist Justin Lowe found under bridge, apparently having jumped from it.  If you're familiar with his departure from the band, you'll understand how tragic this is, whether or not you even care who AtB are.  No-one deserves to go out feeling like that.  Fuck mental illness.

Woke up this morning to find my beloved cat Buggy had died during the night.

She's been circling the drain for a couple of weeks so it wasn't a surprise but it still made me very, very sad.

Now I'm wondering if burying her in a spot that I see every time I look out the window was such a great idea.

It was her favorite spot in the back yard so I guess it was the right thing to do.

RIP Buggy.

I couldn't have asked for a better companion.

Sorry to hear, Steve.  But I think you chose the best spot for her and when the shock wears off and you get adjusted to the new normal, I think you'll be glad she's there.  You went by first instinct, which is usually best.  RIP Buggy (great cat name, by the way).

Condolences, Steve.

I think you chose a wonderful spot.  Sure, the grief hits hard now, but you need to grieve, don't avoid it.  I slept with my senior, Luvbug, so for weeks if not months after she passed away, I was painfully reminded of her absence every time I went to bed.  I still miss her hard every once in a while, but I think allowing myself to grieve fully made the process all the more cathartic.

RIP Buggy.  So sorry for your loss Steve.  I still have pain when someone mentions Quest who died this year.

I find it touching that you chose her favorite spot in the yard for her final resting place.  In time you will have great memories of Buggy every time you see that spot. 

Sweet eternal dreams Buggy.