The Brad Mehldau Trio -- Live at the Village Vanguard

Shelby Lynne -- Just a Little Lovin'

B-52s -- Funplex 180g LP with free CD

The Raconteurs -- Consolers of the Lonely 180g LP x 2

Big Dipper -- Supercluster

Chico O'Farrill -- Nine Flags Used mono LP

514RD8FQAJL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Bad Brains - S/T

Where the fuck has this band been my whole life. I always knew on hearsay that they were good, but I didn't expect THIS good. Punk has always seemed anti-intellectual and anti-technical but these guys blow the doors off everything that punk supposedly stands for, and are absolute virtuoso musicians in their own right. It's just flat-out awesome music, no matter what genre it belongs to.

The production, of course, is some of the worst I've ever heard, but go figure. It kinda adds to the whole thing actually, instead of detracting from it.

Bad Brains - S/T

Where the fuck has this band been my whole life. I always knew on hearsay that they were good, but I didn't expect THIS good. Punk has always seemed anti-intellectual and anti-technical but these guys blow the doors off everything that punk supposedly stands for, and are absolute virtuoso musicians in their own right. It's just flat-out awesome music, no matter what genre it belongs to.

The production, of course, is some of the worst I've ever heard, but go figure. It kinda adds to the whole thing actually, instead of detracting from it.

Anti-intellectual? You really did miss the point with punk then :)

Bad Brains - S/T

Didn't that only recently get released on vinyl, therefore offering a decent chance at high fidelity digital format, for the first time? Wasnt it only available as cassette? Or am I talking out of my ass?

Bad Brains - S/T

Man, listening to Bad Brains was like 50% of my HS life

Didn't that only recently get released on vinyl, therefore offering a decent chance at high fidelity digital format, for the first time? Wasnt it only available as cassette? Or am I talking out of my ass?

IIRC, the vinyl is on Earache, who sources all their vinyl from a plant somewhere in Europe that is only able to press vinyl using a CD as the master source. Bad!! :mikey2:

Yes, Mike, the Bay Area doesn't need more vinyl. Keep it all here in Florida. I've strangely starting buying vinyl though don't own a tt. It's like a weird force has taken over. Four albums last week alone.

Shostakovich Cello Concertos No. 1 & 2 (listening to cd wondering how it would sound on vinyl)

Bill Evans Sunday at Village Vanguard

Lee Morgan Lee-Way

NIN Ghosts

Yes, Mike, the Bay Area doesn't need more vinyl. Keep it all here in Florida. I've strangely starting buying vinyl though don't own a tt. It's like a weird force has taken over. Four albums last week alone.

yeah thats how it starts. ;)

i need to scrounge up some cash for those new MFSL Metallica 45s.