slow forum

postjack

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Israeli and foreign photographers take pictures of Israeli troops just outside the northern Gaza Strip January 7, 2009. (REUTERS/Amir Cohen (ISRAEL)

Snappers are crazy. I worked with some good ones and they were a whole lot of fun to hang around with. Several of them are now dead, sadly.

Considering that, I'm surprised he made it 9 miles. I always feel the urge to drive into the median and mow down pedestrians when I drive right after playing GTA. I can't imagine what it would be like if that's all I knew...
I refused to drive directly after playing Cybersled at the arcade. You have a tendency to want to change lanes by giving the steering wheel a quick turn to the left followed by a quick turn to the right.

25ix6x2.jpg

28hpi7o.jpg

Robert Sylvester jumps a highway media after waving his gun at police on of I-55/74 in Normal, Illinois, Monday, January 5, 2009. Sylvester was shortly shot by police. He is a suspect in the robbery of Check 'n Go at Market and Hinshaw Streets in Bloomington, Illinois, police said. The suspect fled with an undisclosed amount of cash. Sylvester led police on a high speed chase from Lexington to I-39 before he stopped on I-55/74 just north of Normal Community West High School in Normal. Sylvester was listed in critical condition at a Bloomington hospital (AP photo, The Pantagraph, David Proeber)

That kid should get a hell of more credit then he is rite now, imagine being 6 years old and driving a car 9 miles from stops,turns,etc, and not to mention he even knew which route to take to get to the school that is 10 F'ing miles away! what even deserves more credit is he did all that and knew he would be in huge trouble either way just to get to School!

most people are scared to get behind the wheel the first time. most people even need someone there with them the first couple times they drive a car on public streets, hell most people take entire day to learn the brake pedal and the gas pedal!

most people won't drive more then a few miles cause the get freaked out by the "long trip".

most kids would use any damn excuse in the book to get out of school, look how many days off they get and snow days are called almost after a lite flurry.

This kid is seriously amazing!

imagine the next Christmas when the family gets together and the kid looks at his grandpa and says: "So you think your tough cause you walked 6 miles to school in 3feet of snow with no shoes and 3 cents for lunch?...well i got a story for you Grandpa!"

i think that's going to be my line i use with my future kids, "when i was your age we did not complain we had to walk a half block to school..Hell i took the keys and drove my ass 10 miles everyday with a quarter tank of gas all while my feet could not even reach the pedal and before i was 7!..Now STFU and get your ass to school!"

we were talking about this at my bar tonight and one of the customers said "this kid should of ran for president eight years ago". we all started laughing then another customer said "8 years ago the kid was not even a thought let alone alive" then the first customer said something like "after driving 9 miles that still wouldn't of stopped him from campaigning!"..

whole bar was laughing!

It'd have been impressive if the car had a manual gearbox. Foot stompers for go and stop are easy enough for a kid to understand. I recon he managed the distance because of all the other drivers being able to react to each bit of dangerous driving on the journey.