Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

^ how does something like that compare to a monitor intended for computer use?
It has a built-in tuner.

That said, I just contacted them about cancelling my order. The resolution is not 1920x1200, as stated. I screwed up. I really thought I was getting a deal -- $250 for a 1920x1200 monitor that I could also occasionally watch DVDs and Blu-Ray disks on. Oh, well, back to window-shopping.

It has a built-in tuner.

That said, I just contacted them about cancelling my order. The resolution is not 1920x1200, as stated. I screwed up. I really thought I was getting a deal -- $250 for a 1920x1200 monitor that I could also occasionally watch DVDs and Blu-Ray disks on. Oh, well, back to window-shopping.

Oh, hey, look at that, they changed the description (it used to say 1920x1200). I guess I wasn't the only one.

So that leads me to this: so you-all know I've been drooling over my coworker's 2560x1600 monitor, and it makes sense in my case to "settle" for 1920x1200, but how does that work with DVD's and stuff? I mean, there's that whole thing about refresh rate in televisions, and 60Hz vs 120Hz (try googling), but most LCD computer monitors don't go up much past 60 Hz. And I'm not sure they do any of that "3:2 dropdown" stuff, anyway. Anyone have any ideas/recommendations?

I bought 2 wallets from jomashop.com ... one bifold for normal use, and then one of those slimmer/front pocket ones. Best part was, after checkout, I realized I had one of the wrong wallets in the cart. Immediate contact to the shop to modify the order was worthless, apparently they don't check e-mails/their own modify order form which shows up right after checkout. Completely my fault it happened, but I really don't get what's up with customer service.

I'm not a giant fan of harry potter, but I have 4 kids...I buy collectors editions of any book I buy if it's available, just because I'm like that. So far, it's paid off. I've made over a grand from stephen king :)

yeah I'm a sucker for collector's editions books as well, as you know. so I've at least added it to my amazon wishlist. :)

grats on the ecd-1 sherwood! i've never heard one, but it sure does get talked about a lot around here.

When I was talking to the seller, he said "some other guy emailed me right after you".

I shed a single tear for The Monkey.

Nice thing was he was amenable to putting it up on ebay if I paid the listing fees. Pay and extra 40 to save 200? Yes sir. ;D

Nice thing was he was amenable to putting it up on ebay if I paid the listing fees. Pay and extra 40 to save 200? Yes sir. ;D

I just did the same for someone. I really wonder who's pocket the money comes out of and how they make money this way?