Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Well if your plan was a PPO instead of and HMO, they would have stitched them on and in the right order..... :P

Dammit, they said everyone uses glue these days. They also told me the ability to grip on the front and back of my hand was an upgrade. :mad:

In my experience, imageshack is better if you want to post thumbnails that link to the original. Photobucket is better if you want to post the original size. Tinypic is nice in that it gives you a choice of resolutions that you can resize the image to when you upload it. Flickr is the best of the bunch, of course, but it's really only for photography.

Flickr is the best of the bunch, of course, but it's really only for photography.

Is that because the equivalent of a photographic hipster can then leave and receive compliments and oohs and ahs at the pictures taken ;D

I keed. The selectable multiple resolutions is nice.

You guys will have to PM Mike. :eek:

i'm not going to lie, i've tried dog meat, and it's not bad. it's part of my culture and i'm not embarrassed by it nor do i see the big deal, especially considering that a certain breed of dog is bred to be eaten. it's not just any dog off the street.

It's part of my culture and i'm not embarrassed by it nor do i see the big deal
I'm sure that's what the cannibals said and they stopped.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think eating a dog is any worse than eating a cow, but I do understand why people find it socially unacceptable.

I'm sure that's what the cannibals said and they stopped.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think eating a dog is any worse than eating a cow, but I do understand why people find it socially unacceptable.

well i do think eating humans is a little different, but i see your point.

to each his own really.

Ok, it looks like all the computer problems I was having were related to my mouse finally biting the dust. Luckily, my wireless keyboard came with a companion mouse, so I'm good to go. Just uploaded everything to Flickr. Lets see how this works out...

Vinyl - a set on Flickr

...well, that was pretty easy. Will just link the set for now, but is quoting the actual images possible/easy on most forums?

EDIT: Nothing earth shattering compared to the vinyl rigs people have on here, but it sounds way better than it has a right to. I really like the old table and have some mods/maintenance that I am planning on doing. It was last sold in 1964 and was around $100 USD at the time. $7 extra if you want the solid walnut case. [which mine has] :D

EDIT 2: Not sure about the cartridge, a Stanton 600, but perhaps someone on here could recommend something down the line? From what I understand the metal/wood tonearm on it is pretty high mass.

Edited by philodox

Grawk - Cool, I love it. Not sure what Rachel paid for it, but it was completely serviced and cared for inside and out. Works like a charm. I love the wood cabinet as well. Unfortunately my speaker cables are too big, so I can't try it powering the speakers directly yet. It sounds great as a phono and a pre though.

ojnihs - Thanks. :)

Haven't been able to find out a heck of a lot about the Garrard Lab 80 yet, but I love the look and it has a pretty unique design. The automatic functions don't work as that requires a longer spindle, but I doubt I would use them anyways. I printed up the manual and all the service info I came across. Comes with a mounting template, so I expect this was used in a lot of the older cabinet systems.

Edited by philodox

The guys at the vintage shop that set it up for me calibrated everything. I don't have anything to measure the force... it does have a cueing function that lowers the arm though, so I assume it stops once it makes contact. Not sure though. Should I be worried? Any way I can tell without a gauge?