Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Oh, I'm gonna 'bomb the bajezuz out of those forces'. I'm also having most of the 1st floors' wood floors sanded and finished after I get the disgusting carpet out.

I'm not sure if I can bomb before then and have enough time to air out for them to breathe, or if it will have to be done afterward. Either way I wont be moved in anytime next week at a minimum.

i'm a little late to this party, but grats on the house! my house is far and away the best thing I've ever bought.

and regarding your quote, I heard that song this weekend and the HOB in New Orleans:

7017_335829085584_543445584_9646175_4732778_n.jpg

:)

Man points!!! Great router!

Glad you approve! I was waffling between a couple different ones, but I decided to invest a bit more into it. Coming from a porter cable it's a whole different ball game. The smooth bearings that haven't even been broken in, trigger switch, a robust plunge limiter that seems strong enough to prevent wandering (as I've had the misfortune with previously), along with the led lighting all certainly impress on initial inspection. I'm interested in seeing how the constant speed function will effect the mdf routing I do. Any pointers on good router bits? Was thinking of going with fine woodworking's recommendations.

My opinion of ikea furniture is colored by moving it too many times. It's often great until you try and move it.

It's also colored by having grown up in Hickory, NC. I designed and built my first piece of furniture when I was 12, and I'm not a big fan of particle board.

You need to discover Ikea. Not everything they have is cheap, but the bargains are really cheap.

I do love the look of the LACK series. I have a tv unit and 2 side tables purchased, because they match the 2 Jerker computer (desk) tables I have. They're still unassembled.

Ikea's light wood color 'birch' is pretty much my favorite wood tone.

But yeah its definitely not something you'd put a DLP tv on (not that i have a dlp)

I'm trying to find stuff that has the design of Ikea with better build quality for some furniture like my dinner table. I like this one, but its like $1,500.

image01.jpg

Its solid oak, so it should last for a long damn time.

My opinion of ikea furniture is colored by moving it too many times. It's often great until you try and move it.

It's also colored by having grown up in Hickory, NC. I designed and built my first piece of furniture when I was 12, and I'm not a big fan of particle board.

Oh, well hell yeah -- I've lived in Southern Maryland -- solid wood is much better than particle board. It's also more expensive to purchase. If you know not to leave particle board in a humid area (I.E. "outside" or "with the windows open" in the DC area), it won't fall apart when you accidentally do anything to it, but it's not bad for starter pieces.

Chris -- there are some good solid wood places, I'm only finding one, right now (and I can't guarantee it's worth the trip), but just look around. Montgomery County is probably not the best place to shop for prices. I'd probably start in Howard County, or plan a trip to Charles County, but get a list of places to visit first.