Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I just bought a new budget graphics card and world of warcraft. I have an need to escape my crushing and overwhelming emotional self.

join kirin tor and apply to a guild called "unbroken". your contacts are Lilboo, Jyxi, Tharger, or Anyawe. tell 'em akka sent ya. :D

join kirin tor and apply to a guild called "unbroken". your contacts are Lilboo, Jyxi, Tharger, or Anyawe. tell 'em akka sent ya. :D

Ok I'll do that as soon as I figure out how to do that. I'm not only a newb to world of warcraft, I've never even played an MMORPG. Crazy I know.

Ok I'll do that as soon as I figure out how to do that. I'm not only a newb to world of warcraft, I've never even played an MMORPG. Crazy I know.

yeah, get your feet wet first and see if the game is for you. 10-15 levels can usually tell you if you like a class enough to stick with it. just do lots of quests and go where the quests take you. don't buy gear at first, just equip whatever you earn from quests.

I've been using the auction system for buying gear which seems to be the cheeper way to go if you have patience.

yeah the AH is great. just don't waste too much money on gear early on, since it becomes outdated so quickly. if you can find a decent enough guild or some good people to group with start running instances at 20 and up to get gear. what race/class did you roll?

A Nokia N770 internet tablet was the last "major" gadget purchase

A custom built amish pine 3 shelf book case for the kitchen is the last "major" furniture purchase (pick it up today)

A card reader to get my 7/4 pictures off my camera was my last small purchase (flickr,youtube)

I'm not sure if I can play world of warcraft. The leveling grind is so very tedious. I'm only level 15 an am board to tears. I also have trouble finding people my own level to so any of the more complicated quests. IT would seem that this game requires a level of patience and time both of which are in short supply.

I'm not sure if I can play world of warcraft. The leveling grind is so very tedious. I'm only level 15 an am board to tears. I also have trouble finding people my own level to so any of the more complicated quests. IT would seem that this game requires a level of patience and time both of which are in short supply.

sounds like mmorpgs might not be for you. i was completely enthralled when I was where you were. obviously even I got tired of it though.

It only gets worse.

You like mindless repetitive music too... >:D

One man's mindless repetitive music is another man's sharing in the universal groove. :D:dance:;)

but seriously chekhonte, if you are bored by the 1-15, the 40-50 (aka "the slog") will make you hate life. 50-60 also sucks, but by then at least you are used to not dinging once every 4-8 hours. After the level cap was raised, I didn't make it past 64 before I quit.