Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Black ceramic cooktop & the light fixtures for my kitchen. I may be able to cook again sometime next week!

Cool, what are we having? I'm fond of tenderloin medium rare. Maybe some fresh asparagus and blue cheese mashed potatoes? Perhaps a nice loaf of rosemary bread? And some fresh brewed ice tea with a hint of spice. Ooh, and a nice italian creme cake for dessert.

But far be it from me to interfere with the chef's menu. ;)

Actually I bought it primarily for making a sexy slab case for a Starving Student amp :)

However, the remainder will be cups and I've had some success turning small burl, this is more lumpy so we'll see. It's the first time I've come across poplar burl and was very surprised at how nice it is. Cheap-ish too. That piece was $20 and If I had the cash I'd buy more. It's perfect as a Beta 22 front panel too. I hope they don't sell out too quick because when I put some mirror coat on it this was the result.....

dsc7754.jpg

:eek:

I have too many tshirts, so I've quit looking at shirt.woot

I've seen too many consecutive weeks of terrible shirts, so I've quit looking at shirt.woot.

There used to be a small company that advertised in the back of Rolling Stone magazine before the Interwebs. They used to sell 10 T-Shirts for 10 bucks or something like that. You would just order your size and you would get 10 different and random brand new remnants, all well made, just overstock for Ralph's Air Conditioning, etc. Does something like that still exist?

There used to be a small company that advertised in the back of Rolling Stone magazine before the Interwebs. They used to sell 10 T-Shirts for 10 bucks or something like that. You would just order your size and you would get 10 different and random brand new remnants, all well made, just overstock for Ralph's Air Conditioning, etc. Does something like that still exist?

I would totally order those shirts if I knew where to get them.

I would totally order those shirts if I knew where to get them.

that's almost cheap enough to not do laundry :)

They were seriously awesome. My dad used to order them all the time. I can't believe I forget the name. And I've been googlin' but I can't find anything like it.

Dammit.

No, I had a good talk with the guys, they have a shitload of maple burl too. This is from a cut down garden poplar that someone gave the guy to get rid of the tree. He cut it up and had it stored and drying in his attic for the last two years. There are a couple of boxes of varied sizes and thicknesses. The whole reason the woodshop bought it was that it was an exceptional find!

I'm going back for more...

Speaking of pretty stuff...

No, wait, I just bought another pair of headphones (or at least am about to) that are valid contenders for ugliest headphones ever, the Superex PEP-74. I'd say they're only outdone by a very select few, for example some of the old Koss crappyphones and the TakeT H2. They are definitely uglier than any of the Float-style frames.

Finally moving my home wireless network up to 802.11n so I just bought one of these Dlink DIR-855 dual band/dual radio routers. I've still got some legacy wireless gear I want to keep and don't want to have to run two routers. The 855 is undeniably overpriced, but it'll probably be six months or more before the cheaper models show up in this part of the world and probably longer before their firmware is stable.

dir855.jpg